FIFA 15 crashes when I enter youth academy in career mode

by PenguinKenny

Original Post

FIFA 15 crashes when I enter youth academy in career mode

★★★ Novice

I guess this is the same bug which EA failed to ever bother fixing in FIFA 14 where if there is a guy in the youth academy with the same name as someone in your first team then you cannot access the academy at all.

New game, same bugs. But who cares about career mode right? FUT is where the £££ are at for EA.

Message 1 of 63 (13,842 Views)

Re: FIFA 15 crashes when I enter youth academy in career mode

★★★ Novice

Bump

Message 2 of 63 (13,678 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue on the Xbox One.  Once I sign players from my Youth Academy, I am unable to re-enter the academy again and the game crashes and returns to the boot screen.  Before I am allowed to sign a player the game requires me to relase a player, even though I have several roster spots available, and once I release one I can sign a number of players. Also not all of the players that I sign from the Youth Acadmeny are showing on my squad either.   The players that do show from the Youth Academy do not show the club name in the upper right hand corner and instead have what appears to be a database identifier. 

There was a similar issue with the Xbox 360 that had to do with having duplicate names on your squad and in the youth academy, but there are no duplicate names that are causing the issue this year and the issue in lasts years game was never corrected.   

Very dissappointing that this issue was not identified in testing as it is a carry over issue from the last product. 

Message 3 of 63 (13,671 Views)

★★★ Novice

It is very disappointing, though I doubt we will see any major fixes for career mode as UT gets priority. Youth Academy is one of the most fun things about career mode as it adds a unique element to each playthrough.

Message 4 of 63 (13,644 Views)

★★ Novice

Anyone at EA reading these messages? 

Message 5 of 63 (13,630 Views)

★ Novice

are EA ever going to fix this? its annoying cause i cant play my manager mode

Message 6 of 63 (13,527 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I tried tweeting them but still no answer after 1 day. It's obvious UT overrules everything else on fifa
Message 7 of 63 (13,450 Views)

★★★ Novice

EA have a long and rich history of not caring for a second about their customers unless they can leech more cash out of them. Same reason that every version of fifa for the last 3 - 4 years has had huge bugs they never bothered fixing. Only way they will ever take note is if people stop buying, and that'll never happen sadly.

Message 8 of 63 (13,367 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THIS GAME IS A FREAKING JOKE. £50 FOR A GAME THAT CRASHES FOR NO REASON AT ALL! Taking the mick. I'm on my third season with LEYTON ORIENT, was not easy to get the team where it is, especially playing on World Class. Had many good players on my academy but every time I try to go on it it crashes! IT'S EMBARRASSING!

Is there any way to get a refund, you guys reckon? I don't wanna keep a £50 game that doesn't work. Especially since I ONLY play Career Mode. No UT, nothing.

Message 9 of 63 (13,294 Views)

★★★ Novice

Spoke to one of the EA advisors the other day, who said 'They know about the issue and are working on it'. Sound familiar?

According to the advisor I should keep my eye on the known issues pages for an update but funnily enough, there's nothing about it on the known issues page, and as of the latest Fifa 15 update it is still of course broken. Essentially they are pretending the issue simply doesn't exist.

Some people may say it's a bit extreme, but as far as I'm concerned a company that paid $3.71m in bonuses to it's directors and made a gross income of $2.26B last year, yet still ignores anything they can't generate extra cash from is bordering quite heavily on unethical. It certainly goes beyond poor customer service.

It is getting ridiculous. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they dropped career mode altogether from the next incarnation and called it 'Football Cash Cow 2016'

Kinda makes me wish PES would develop to the point it could compete with fifa, maybe then they'd have to start caring about the people paying £40-50 a pop on their poor attempts at games.

Message 10 of 63 (13,035 Views)