Re: FIFA 15 PC "Unhandled Exception" FULL GAME

by batistaroxs3

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Works fine on my pc, but not on my laptop.

Windows 7

Intel Core i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30

8GB RAM

Nvidea GeForce 610M with 1 GB

It started when I changed the settings under the NVidea configuration window. Then got the error "video card is not good enough".

So problem is fixable if you follow the insturctions. Guess I can only play it on pc now :-/

Message 41 of 53 (1,752 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Disabled my graphic card in device manager. Updated my GeForce experience, enabled it again. Rebooted pc and it works perfectly now on my laptop.

Message 42 of 53 (1,740 Views)

FIFA 15 PC "Unhandled Exception" FULL GAME

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

For those using laptops and that are still struggling to get FIFA 15 working, here is a fix that worked for me. 

Most laptops nowadays have a hybrid GPU, one powerful for in game performance, one less powerfull for daily tasks to save battery life. 

When using NVIDIA cards you can select which GPU to use for what application (NVIDIA Control Panel). I have no idea how this works for AMD, but would guess the same. 

In order to make FIFA 15 work and get passed the unhandled exception error just enable the use of the "powerful graphical processor unit" for the fifa15.exe and the fifaconfig.exe.

Note that the last one is important and responsible for not getting passed the error when enabling the "powerful graphical processor unit" just for fifa15.exe.

Enjoy!

Message 43 of 53 (1,709 Views)

★★★ Novice

May i know which video card is compatible it seems mine is not compatible Standard smile

Message 44 of 53 (1,573 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

The oldest usable complete GPUs from the two companies producing discrete circuit board processors are GTX400s from nVIDIA and HD 5000s from AMD.  None of Intel's IGPS are adequate, and may not pass the Dx11 tests, whatever age those Intel chips might be. 

Minimum Required Specifications:

CPU: Intel Q6600 Core2 Quad @ 2.4Ghz
RAM: 4GB
Hard Drive Space Required: 15.0 GB
Minimum Supported Video Cards: ATI Radeon HD 5770, NVIDIA GTX 650
DirectX: 11.0 <~~(Note: this is the PHYSICAL hardware, not any software)

Note: the GTS 450 apparently falls below the performance requirement, while the GTX 460 is powerful enough for a recommended level. 

Message 45 of 53 (1,562 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi..I Have been reading through the forums about the Unhandled Exception Error that my game is getting and can't find a solution.

I Have tried  everything that people have suggested in this thread but nothing helps.

My Specs are-:i5 4690 12GB Ram Nvidia GT970 which i am certain is a DX11 card but still it won't run.

Could you help please.

Message 46 of 53 (1,154 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Without a DxDiag, this error message is difficult to interpret.  For instance, is that a Geforce Optimus? 

Message 47 of 53 (1,150 Views)

★★ Novice

There you go!!

Message 48 of 53 (1,136 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

First off, your Geforce GPU is NOT one of the Optimus devices, for which be grateful.

However, the fact is that the entire GTX 900 series of GPUs seem to have driver problems in relation to EA's various games. 

Driver Attributes: Final Retail
   Driver Date/Size: 8/7/2015 12:07:03, 15627520 bytes
        WHQL Logo'd: Yes

I play the games myself, I am not an expert at reading DxDiag reports.  I saw nothing untoward there that I recognized.  I suggest you try a newer driver first (CLEAN install only), and see if it changes things.  If not, look for a driver predating August 7th to test with.  After that, if not fixed, you'll need the official techs (referred to as Game Advisers) on EA's Help Center, instead of the game player community here. 

Message 49 of 53 (1,131 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@-XTRA-Squadie 

Did you try different drivers and obtain positive results? 

Message 50 of 53 (1,108 Views)