Can I play CPU vs CPU in career manager mode?

by Murraymint110

Original Post

Re: Can I play CPU vs CPU in career manager mode?

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks artgar333,

Just purchased PES 2018 and now playing CPU vs CPU with modded full licensing. EA are missing a trick here.

Thanks again

Message 11 of 32 (16,655 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is a real shame the EA continue to leave this feature out. I also purchased FIFA 18 for this feature only, but then realized that I cannot manage my team cpu vs cpu in career mode. I guess I will just have to continue playing PES 2018 as I have been doing. PES Master League allows you to do this and the game play is fantastic but I wanted to do a career in FIFA 18 as well. Why on earth would they have this restriction? Only EA knows but they should realize that they are losing a niche market due to this unreasonable and senseless restriction.

Message 12 of 32 (16,623 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for asking this question. You have actually STOPPED me from wasting my money in buying this product. Not all gamers out there like to spend hours mastering the handset, especially if their manual dexterity is challenged.

I assume that staff of Electronic Arts will actually read these posts?

PLEASE, PLEASE take the hint that many of us prefer to 'Manage' our teams from the side-line rather than actually 'play' the game. Your market rival has recognised this fact, and Konami will continue to keep my allegiance until this matter is rectified.. As one of the posts on this thread has stated, the Cpu v Cpu option exists in Madden, so why not FIFA?? .

Thanks guys

Message 13 of 32 (16,421 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Further to my last post, I am able to write with greater clarity as to what I am referring to.

In all versions of PES dating back to at least 2005, the single player in offline matches, is able to choose to play the game in Coach mode. This effectively means that the player can choose his/her starting line-up and substitutes, and 'watch' the match unfold. In-game responses can be made throughout the match, including changes of personnel, formation and tactical adjustments. 

In Master League mode, the game is tailored to allow a player to create himself or herself as a Manager, responsible for all aspects of the game, including training, buying and selling players as well as coaching each match. For European gamers, Pro-Evolution Soccer has obtained the licences for the UEFA Champions League, Europa League and the UEFA Super Cup. Both CONMEBOL and AFC Champions League tournaments are also available for a fully-submersive experience, culminating in the Club World Cup. The Coach mode facility in the game allows a player to achieve great satisfaction (and success) simply by 'managing' their chosen club, as if they were actually the manager.

In effect, the player is using their skill and judgement from the side-lines, while harnessing the in-game Artificial Intelligence. For those of us who don't want to sit in front of a monitor with a gamepad in hand, it is a rewarding and satisfying experience.  

Message 14 of 32 (16,371 Views)

★★★ Newbie
BUMP!

EA, we need an answer or a patch to correct this now! Or, I’m shipping my copy back. This is ridiculous that this is not an option in MANAGER mode of CAREER. What sweat off your back is it that we want to build a squad but WATCH them play instead of playing ourself?

I used to do this in NCAA College Football as well. Recruit and manage but watch them play by choosing CPU vs CPU in the controller select screen.

I’m a grown man and have to constantly multitask so watching my team play as I do work or clean around the house is enjoyable to me.

FIX THIS NOW or I want my money back.
Message 15 of 32 (16,216 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It’s actually ridiculous that there is no Spectator Mode in FIFA. I stopped buying game years ago because of that. I am no computer programmer but would it cost that much more to add Spectator Mode where I can watch teams play I create through multiple seasons? Bizarre. I stick to NBA 2k MLB etc because they get it. Not everyone has time to play. I mastered game years ago. Some people like me, like to program their teams to play, mess with sliders, and either watch it or just watch it or not watch it for the purpose of results and gathering of statistics.. Simulation doesn’t match up to the reality created by Spectator mode. I am a Stats guy so I compare Spectator stats ;(CPU v. CPU) versus real life. I know sounds weird but there is a huge market out there for people who just like to watch the teams they create play. Anyway I will stick to games that let me create my own reality.
Message 16 of 32 (15,714 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I agree. Why don’t they get it?
Message 17 of 32 (15,712 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I agree!
Message 18 of 32 (15,712 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You all should get a REFUND for being miss led.

I have been playing PES for many years ONLY because it has a REAL Manager mode. Managers do not play on the pitch so Fifa Manager mode is just a way to take money from unsuspecting people. Every year I check if Fifa has a REAL manager mode and always its a no. Every year I see people getting tricked into buying it for the manager mode and finding out the truth.

As much as I love PES manager mode I and ((I guess)) many others would buy Fifa instead if it really did have a manager mode. EA, why on earth are you missing this out for. The A.I teams obviously works so why disable it??? You also should realise that their was another product called FIFA Manager (not made anymore) and all those people who bought that needed a replacement and so they could only go to PES or Football Manager. Football manager is incredible if you are deadly serious but the game engine is not quiet there yet (much better than before though). So there is a big crowd that is ready to buy a decent manager game (with a good graphics engine) but do not want the seriousness of football manager. End of serious rant.

NOTE. If football manager had Fifas or PES graphics engine then I would probably end up divorced Standard smile

Message 19 of 32 (15,583 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This may have been covered in a different topic, but on the same vein of shortcomings on FIFA18, I would like to register my disappointment at not being able to customise my own tournaments. EA Sports have spent a year developing accurate representations of clubs, stadia and players from 33 different nations, so it seems absolutely ludicrous that I am unable to create a customised tournament that would enable me to play sides from leagues and confederations not normally available to me through the Manager Mode option. As a UK resident, my chosen club to manage would be Liverpool FC. I have the opportunity to play a selection of European clubs through the Champion's Cup or Euro League, but there is no competition which would enable me to play clubs from MLS or the Australian A-League for example. I understand the detailed commentary work that Martin Tyler and Alan Smith have done on the UK version, but they have been able to commentate on exhibition games, so I see no problem as to why the option to create my own tournament isn't available from that side of things. I am aware that I can 'import' various clubs into an existing league or cup, but if I wanted to recreate a Champions League-style format, I cannot. Previous versions of FIFA have always allowed me this option, so I am at a loss as to why the developers would spend so much time creating leagues clubs that are just not available unless you play them in Exhibition mode?  

E A Sports have a fantastic product, but seem to have shot themselves in the foot in absolutely fundamental areas.

Message 20 of 32 (15,573 Views)