[iOS] Some EA games are being removed from the App Store

by EA_Nils

Original Post

[iOS] Some EA games are being removed from the App Store

Community Manager

EA is removing several of its older titles from the App Store, but if you already own these games, you will still be able to play them without interruption.*

As always, we encourage our players to back up their app purchases in iCloud. If you uninstall the app without backing it up on iCloud or iTunes, you may not be able to redownload your game. You can learn how to back up and restore your games from a backup here.

If you purchased one or more of the below games from the App Store, you can install the game on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if you have a compatible version of iOS.

*See the below table for a list of games being removed, and their compatible iOS versions

Title Name Platform Minimum Supported iOS Max Supported iOS
Alice: Madness Returns™ iOS 4 7.1.2
Alice: Madness Returns™ for iPad iOS 4 7.1.2
BATTLESHIP iOS 3 7.1.2
BATTLESHIP for iPad iOS 3.2 7.1.2
Bookworm iOS 4.3 7.1.2
CLUE iOS 2.2 7.1.2
CLUE: Secrets & Spies - A Hidden Object Game iOS 3.2 7.1.2
Coconut Dodge iOS 3 7.1.2
COMMAND & CONQUER™ RED ALERT™ iOS 3 7.1.2
COMMAND & CONQUER™ RED ALERT™ for iPad iOS 3.2 7.1.2
Draw Jump HD iOS 3.2 7.1.2
Flight Control HD iOS 3.2 7.1.2
High Caliber Hunting iOS 3 7.1.2
Liqua Pop iOS 3 7.1.2
Max and the Magic Marker iOS 3 7.1.2
Max and the Magic Marker for iPad iOS 3.2 7.1.2
Max and the Magic Marker LITE iOS 3.1 7.1.2
Max and the Magic Marker LITE for iPad iOS 3.2 7.1.2
Mystery Mania iOS 3 7.1.2
Need for Speed Shift iOS 5 7.1.2
Need for Speed Shift for iPad iOS 3.2 7.1.2
Need For Speed™ Undercover iOS 2.2.1 7.1.2
Reckless Racing iOS 3 7.1.2
Risk iOS 3 7.1.2
SHIFT 2 Unleashed iOS 3 7.1.2
SHIFT 2 Unleashed for iPad iOS 3.2 7.1.2
The Simpsons Arcade iOS 2.2.1 7.1.2
The Sims 3 Ambitions iOS 4 7.1.2
Ultimate Mortal Kombat™ 3 iOS 3 7.1.2
Ultimate Mortal Kombat™ 3 for iPad iOS 3.2 7.1.2
Yahtzee HD iOS 5 7.1.2
Zuma's Revenge iOS 6 7.1.2
Zuma's Revenge HD iOS 6 7.1.2

Source: http://help.ea.com/en/article/some-ea-games-are-being-removed-from-the-app-store/

Message 1 of 2 (40,514 Views)

EA is retiring YAHTZEE™ Adventures

EA Staff

YAHTZEE™ Adventures is no longer available from the App Store, and BlackBerry World. If you have the game installed on your mobile device, you can still continue to the game without interruption.

1. Is YAHTZEE™ Adventures still available on the different app stores?
These games were removed from the app stores because EA no longer holds the license for this Hasbro game. As such, this game can no longer be made available for download.

2. Will EA continue to update YAHTZEE™ Adventures?
We are no longer supporting this app and there will not be any future updates for YAHTZEE™ Adventures.

3. Can I still play this game on my mobile device if they have been removed from the store?
YAHTZEE™ Adventures does not need an online connection. If you have the game installed on your mobile device you will still be able to play the full game without interruption.

If you uninstall the app without backing it up, you may not be able to re-download your game.

EA cannot guarantee the success of reinstalling from backup services, and recommends not uninstalling your app.

4. Can I still download YAHTZEE™ Adventures if I get a new mobile device?
If you purchased YAHTZEE™ Adventures and get a new mobile device, you may be able to backup and transfer your data.

EA cannot guarantee the success of transferring apps and their data to new devices from backup services.

5. What can I play now?
EA offers a variety of other fun and free mobile games for you to try:

Source: http://help.ea.com/en/article/ea-is-retiring-yahtzee-adventures/

Message 2 of 2 (34,863 Views)