Monopoly App Being Removed

by MonopolyChampion

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Monopoly App Being Removed

★★ Novice

I love the EA MONOPOLY app. But now i heard it is being removed. I am FUMING right now. I LOVE MONOPOLY. Just the other darn DAY i asked for an update to make more boards and stuff, not REMOVE THE GAME! I will never buy an EA product again if you dont cancel this, or dont make another monopoly app to replace it. Im not joking. I play your MONOPOLY app every day. My friends love it too. Im done. Your move EA, your move.

Message 1 of 13 (95,095 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Monopoly App Being Removed

Hero (Retired)

Its only being removed if you dont have it downloaded. If you keep it downloaded you will be able to continue playing it. However, it will not receive any updates

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (98,168 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Its only being removed if you dont have it downloaded. If you keep it downloaded you will be able to continue playing it. However, it will not receive any updates

Message 2 of 13 (98,169 Views)

★★★ Newbie
* I WAS TRYING TO INSTAL IT ON NY OLD IPAD. I SHOULDN'T HAVE REMOVED IT
Message 3 of 13 (93,232 Views)

★★★ Newbie

PlatinumDynasty is repeating what we were told when they shut down support for the Monopoly App.  That was a few months ago.  As of today, the app doesn't load for all of us who purchased it and had a working copy.  It just says "verifying license" and never goes on to load.  It appears EA just turned off the server that verifies the app is legitimate.  I really hope this is just a temporary glitch.  If EA does not keep their word to us, the customers.  I'm afraid that I'd be with MonopolyChampion and not trust EA enough to purchase any more of their products.

Message 4 of 13 (91,917 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Like the other people who posted here, I’ve been playing monopoly since I was a kid and was delighted when it was available as an iPad app.  I immediately bought it when I found out and I’ve had endless hours of fun with my family. 

Very annoyed that that I spent money on an app that no Longer works on my iPad Air. It would be fantastic for it to be updated but I’d like to know what the plan for it is. 

Any information appreciated. 

Message 5 of 13 (91,889 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Really weird because I have it downloaded in my iPhone and it still works for me.  I wish my friend could get it. I was playing it tonight with him.

This is my working copy.

Message 6 of 13 (90,626 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It’s going to be fine at first, but in a few years, when everyone gets new phones, you won’t be able to get it on the new phone.

Message 7 of 13 (88,038 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I paid for this app. I should be able to download it from the App Store if I own it.  Even if it’s not updated. This is highly disappointing from EA. Refund me my purchase or offer it back up. 

Message 8 of 13 (87,951 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too paid for this app they try to "update" no cigar.LM hip to yo trip.One of my rooted android pads still has it and as long as the gmail is kosher the license issue goes through. So * u E.A.I got mines and its backed up on a rooted device.

Message 9 of 13 (87,671 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I want a refund as well this is pure robbery.
Message 10 of 13 (82,531 Views)