the saboteur

by alabamatick

Original Post

Accepted Solution

the saboteur

★★★★ Novice

A few weeks ago, i re-installed an old dvd copy of the saboteur (which worked with no problems (win 10))

but today i started the launcher, clicked play and after about 10 seconds, i get the message; please insert the original  disc not a backup copy (1000), i tried several times, cleaned the disc and even tried the .exe in the game folder, all with the same results, does any body else have this problem or a resolution, thank you in advance

Note: the disc doesn't look damaged.

Message 1 of 3 (592 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: the saboteur

★★★★ Novice

Thanks, but that was not the problem,The last few days the disc wasn't being recognized as an original disc (it thought it was a copy, (it wasn't)), it was fine before christmas

however the issue has resolved itself, today the game launched at the first attempt, i ran advanced system care last thing last night which fixed a few errors, that may have been the problem idk

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (560 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @alabamatick

If you're still having some trouble getting the game to launch let's see if the solution here fixes it for you.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/The-Saboteur-Error-5100/m-p/6783889/highlight/true#M2...

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 3 (565 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks, but that was not the problem,The last few days the disc wasn't being recognized as an original disc (it thought it was a copy, (it wasn't)), it was fine before christmas

however the issue has resolved itself, today the game launched at the first attempt, i ran advanced system care last thing last night which fixed a few errors, that may have been the problem idk

Message 3 of 3 (561 Views)