Re: spellforce 3 keeps crashing

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

spellforce 3 keeps crashing

★★★ Newbie

Hey everyone,

I bought Spellforce 3 through Origin thinking it would be a great idea but it turns out it just keeps crashing all the time. There is no pattern to it it just freezes at some point during a game and my whole computer shuts down. I don't know what the problem is... I know my temps aren't the problem because I am averaging 75-80 degrees C on my CPU and around 75 C for my GPU (I am playing on a laptop so it might seem high but it seems normal for gaming laptops). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I still have the same problem. Any other game I try to play runs perfectly fine (SW Battlefront 2, SC 2, Shadow of War, ..., all pretty demanding games and more demanding than spellforce that's for sure). As anyone ran into the same problem? if anyone can help it would be awesome.

I own a Asus GL502:

i7-7700HQ

GTX1070

16GB of RAM

etc...

Message 1 of 6 (3,964 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@ThorBigHammer What you can try is uninstalling the game, then going to the game folder and deleting any remaining files including the save folder. Reinstall then and let me know what happens.

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (3,866 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@ThorBigHammer Do you see an error message when the crash occurs?

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (3,937 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No there is absolutely nothing. Either the screen goes white or some purple dots appear everywhere and then my laptop just shuts down.

Message 3 of 6 (3,763 Views)

Community Manager

@ThorBigHammer What you can try is uninstalling the game, then going to the game folder and deleting any remaining files including the save folder. Reinstall then and let me know what happens.

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (3,867 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still does not work :/ I uninstalled everything and even installed on a different drive but still no success. The game keeps crashing for no apparent reasons.

Message 5 of 6 (3,734 Views)

Community Manager

@ThorBigHammer Did you delete the existing folders including the saves after uninstalling? 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (3,720 Views)