screen resolution

by pcdumy

Original Post

screen resolution

★★ Novice

I purchased vacation quest. When i start the game, goes to a window and a black screen all around it as seen in the pic i attached. Sim city, battlefield are fine. Also the origin interface lettering is super small. Have to get close to my screen to read it. I chatted here for a bit earlier and was told to delete the origin folder and a few other things, log out and reboot, didnt work. Please advise. 

Message 1 of 6 (545 Views)

Re: screen resolution

Community Manager

Hey @pcdumy

Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode? 

1. Right click on the program's shortcut, .exe file, or installation file.
  2. Click on Properties.
  3. Click on the Compatibility tab.
  4. Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for box.
  5. Run it in an older operating system like Windows 7 or older.

Hope that helps, good luck! 

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 6 (530 Views)

@pcdumy most of the casual games made 10 years ago or so have the same trouble. They have to be ran in windowed mode, if there is such an option. If not, you may want to lower your desktop resolution every time you want to play (instead of 1920 x 1080, you go for a lower resolution like 1024 x 768 and revert back when you finish playing it). The game had troubles since Windows Vista with its low resolution cap, but it's still popular and most people are playing it on older PC's or laptops. 

Most of this games were made for 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768. They rarely function well above those. They do provide (most of them) an windowed mode, so they can run on newer OS, but they don't function in full screen too often. 

It would also be a good idea to disable the Origin client overlay. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 6 (522 Views)

★★ Novice
Can u tell me why the "origin" interface is really small. You are correct, i have a large 65"tv for my computer screen. I used to have a 50". I believe its an origin problem. I bought the games on cd and they work fine. Origin is really tiny on my screen. So much as to having to hold the control and scrolling to increase the size. Other games work fine.
Message 4 of 6 (341 Views)

★★ Novice
How do i " disable the Origin client overlay" ?
Message 5 of 6 (340 Views)

Community Manager
Message 6 of 6 (327 Views)