Re: rugby union 2019

by facuorc96

Original Post

Accepted Solution

rugby union 2019

★★★ Newbie

Rugby Union is one of the most popular sports in the world.

Why oh why do EA Sports not make a Rugby Union Video Game?

I am going to make a statement that may or may not be true.

But I believe that Rugby Union is a more popular sport than American Football, Ice Hockey and UFC.

Live crowds at rugby should be enough to prove this alone.

Surely it is a complete no brainer?

EA could stand to make a lot of money.

With the world cup approaching in 2019 now would be the perfect time! Strike the iron whilst it's hot EA!

Message 1 of 4 (725 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager
Thanks for the suggestion, I am not aware of any current plans for a Rugby title but I'll pass your suggestion on.
Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (842 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Thanks for the suggestion, I am not aware of any current plans for a Rugby title but I'll pass your suggestion on.
Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (843 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please!! We need EA to make a rugby union game! 

Message 3 of 4 (534 Views)

@facuorc96 probably EA could not secure the license. EA made a few Rugby games in the past, but they weren't very successful in terms of sales. That could be another factor of why EA stopped doing those. Last game was around 2007-2008 (memory is fuzzy, but one of those two years is the correct one). 

I would also love to see a new Rugby game, especially knowing that EA did a good job when they had the license. If i am not mistaken, the license was with BigBen Interactive, sometime ago. At least, they had it 3 years ago. Not sure if they still have it or expired. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 4 (497 Views)