reboot old series

by golycty

Original Post

Accepted Solution

reboot old series

★★ Novice

Hello  EA/Teams  i would like to know if you guys own the copyright for Black & White?  If you do. Are there any chance you may consider rebooting the series?

Message 1 of 5 (597 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: reboot old series

[ Edited ]

@golycty EA had only the publishing rights. The IP remained with Lionhead, which means that the rights are now with Microsoft (same goes for The Movies, Lionhead retained ownership and the rights transfered to MS when they've bought the company). It's unlikely to see MS interested in rebooting something like B&W or The Movies. After all, they've managed to kill their best sold franchise (Fable) and the studio behind it. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (804 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@golycty EA had only the publishing rights. The IP remained with Lionhead, which means that the rights are now with Microsoft (same goes for The Movies, Lionhead retained ownership and the rights transfered to MS when they've bought the company). It's unlikely to see MS interested in rebooting something like B&W or The Movies. After all, they've managed to kill their best sold franchise (Fable) and the studio behind it. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 5 (805 Views)

★★ Novice
well thank you for informing me but it would of been great if someone would of picked that game up again
Message 3 of 5 (578 Views)

@golycty unless MS sells the franchise, no one can do anything about Frown

I would have loved to see B&W re-released digitally (and The Movies, too). Sadly...it's not possible for now.  

Message 4 of 5 (576 Views)

★★ Novice
well i guess hope dies last Frown
Message 5 of 5 (573 Views)