Re: ncaa football 13

by Ypsi_Devil

Original Post

ncaa football 13

★★★ Novice

For over a week, I have been trying to play but I keep getting the message, "Unable to connect to the EA servers at this time. Please check your network connection or try again later." My network and internet connections are good. Then, when I tried to get help, the product was not listed anymore on the EA site. What's going on?

Message 1 of 7 (9,506 Views)

★★★ Novice

This games servers have been shut down.

Message 2 of 7 (9,489 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Why? Permanently?

Message 3 of 7 (9,487 Views)

Probably because it is a 4 year old game, and it costs money to keep servers up.  They are hoping you move to a newer game product and spend more money with them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 7 (9,477 Views)

Community Manager

@Ypsi_Devil @DanFitzp A number of older games had their servers turned off recently, sadly it happens from time to time. 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 7 (9,466 Views)

★★★ Newbie
There ain’t any new NCAA games?
Message 6 of 7 (8,839 Views)

@NoMolasses sadly, no. NCAA license expired and they've asked for quite a bit of money (and even EA has limits when it comes of how much it can pay for a license). The broke-up was messy, as many NCAA players claimed that they did not get a share from the money that NCAA received and some lawsuits were opened against NCAA, involving EA in the process.

So, since 2013, there was no new NCAA game. And as long as NCAA doesn't solve its own problems with the players, no one will touch the license. Isn't greed nice?! And no, i don't refer to the players, but to the NCAA.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 7 of 7 (8,820 Views)