how do i run tiger woods 2008 on windows 10

★★ Newbie

how do I run tiger woods 2008 on windows 10 is there a patch for compatibility

thanks 

alan

Message 1 of 11 (15,420 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: how do i run tiger woods 2008 on windows 10

@pantherm100 doubtful. No patch for compatibility and the game was SecuROM protected, which means that you might not even be able to install it on a Windows 10 OS. Microsoft blocked all the old protections, considering them a security risk (Safdisc, SecuROM, TAGES, StarForce). Their answer to the outcry was mind blowing. But that's MS...they don't care much about the end-user and its needs.

Also, even if EA would be able to add the game in Origin (the game was released before the release of the Origin client), there is the problem with the rights. The contract with Tiger Woods ended in 2013 (PGA World Tour 14 was the last featuring Tiger Woods), which means that EA can't publish or patch the games without the Tiger Woods agreement. Also, it looks like EA lost the contract with PGA, as the last game in the series was in 2014  (PGA Tour 15) and featured Rory Mcllroy.

So, bottom line, your options are: Windows 7 installed in Virtual Machine or a dual-boot system (Windows 10 on one hard-drive and Windows 7 on  a second hard-drive). That would be the only legal way to make it work.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (16,179 Views)

All Replies

@pantherm100 doubtful. No patch for compatibility and the game was SecuROM protected, which means that you might not even be able to install it on a Windows 10 OS. Microsoft blocked all the old protections, considering them a security risk (Safdisc, SecuROM, TAGES, StarForce). Their answer to the outcry was mind blowing. But that's MS...they don't care much about the end-user and its needs.

Also, even if EA would be able to add the game in Origin (the game was released before the release of the Origin client), there is the problem with the rights. The contract with Tiger Woods ended in 2013 (PGA World Tour 14 was the last featuring Tiger Woods), which means that EA can't publish or patch the games without the Tiger Woods agreement. Also, it looks like EA lost the contract with PGA, as the last game in the series was in 2014  (PGA Tour 15) and featured Rory Mcllroy.

So, bottom line, your options are: Windows 7 installed in Virtual Machine or a dual-boot system (Windows 10 on one hard-drive and Windows 7 on  a second hard-drive). That would be the only legal way to make it work.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 11 (16,180 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Most programs that were created for earlier versions of Windows will work in the most recent version of Windows 10, but some older programs might run poorly or not at all. To detect and fix some of the most common issues with older programs, run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter, or try manually changing the settings.
To run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter:
In the search box on the taskbar, enter the name of the affected program. Then, press and hold (or right-click) the search result, and select Open file location.
Press and hold (or right-click) the program, select Properties, and then select the Compatibility table.
Select Run compatibility troubleshooter. (Because DPI scaling issues are not resolved by the troubleshooter, see the "Change high DPI settings" section of the table below for other options.)
If you’re still experiencing compatibility problems, adjust one or more of the settings from the following table, and then select OK when you’re done.
Compatibility settings
Setting
Description
Compatibility mode
Runs the program using settings from an earlier version of Windows. Try this setting if you know the program is designed for (or worked with) a specific version of Windows.
Reduced color mode
Uses a limited set of colors in the program. Some older programs are designed to use fewer colors.
Run in 640 × 480 screen resolution
Try this setting if the graphics for the program appear jagged or are rendered incorrectly.
Change high DPI settings
If your program isn't displayed correctly on a PC with a high-DPI display (its features are blurry or are too big or too small), select Change high DPI settings, and then try one of the following options in the Properties dialog box:
Choose which DPI to use
In the Program DPI area, select the checkbox next to Use this setting to fix scaling problems for this program… to use the DPI settings you choose here for this desktop app. You'll want to do this instead of selecting Let Windows try to fix apps so they’re not blurry in Settings, which affects all apps.

For more info about changing the setting for all apps, see Fix apps that appear blurry.
For Use the DPI that’s set for my main display when, select one of the following:
I signed in to Windows – Use the DPI that was set for your main display when you signed in to Windows. (This is used by default.)
I open this program – Use the DPI that was set for your main display at the time you open the specific program.
Change the application's high-DPI scaling mode
In the High DPI scaling override area, select the Override high DPI scaling behavior check box, and then try one of the following options:
Application – Disable all Windows scaling settings and only use the app developer's setting. This option was called Disable display scaling on high DPI settings in previous versions of Windows.
System – Overrides the app’s DPI settings and makes the app run like it would on a low-DPI display. Windows will stretch the user interface of this app when it's on a high-DPI display. This will make the app appear blurry on high-DPI displays.
System (Enhanced) – Windows will try to use enhanced DPI scaling for this app. As a result, some apps will display with crisp text on high-DPI displays. This won't work for all apps.
Run this program as an administrator
Some programs require administrator permissions to run correctly. If you aren't signed in to your PC as an administrator, this option is unavailable.
Change settings for all users
Apply the settings for that program to all accounts on the PC, and select Change settings for all users. You might be prompted for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
Notes
To check which version and build of Windows you're running, type winver in the search box on the taskbar, and then press Enter.
If you experience printer or scanner problems after you upgrade to Windows 10 (or to a later build of Windows 10 through Windows Update), see Fix printer problems after updating or upgrading to Windows 10.
If you experience Bluetooth problems after a Windows 10 upgrade, see Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10.

Message 3 of 11 (13,324 Views)

★★ Novice

use the 2 dll files from the general forum on coursedownloads.com (under Window 10 Comment on page 8, the last download on the page.) Then use the crack from megagames.com.

Message 4 of 11 (10,906 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008 running Windows 10 Pro on my old Dell Inspiron 1750 but now I want to use it on my new high spec PC running Windows 11 Pro.

So far I have had no success in doing so.

It has been suggested to me that the problem is to do with the level of the DirectX installed in W11 native, DX9 to 12, and the game needs DX8.

The game requires three .dll files of directx8   D3D8.dll,  D3DImm.dll and DDraw.dll. They should be placed into \Electronic Arts\Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08\bin folder.

Please will you comment upon this and advise upon the possibility of this fix before i try to source those .dll file?

Message 5 of 11 (3,014 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Getting error "cannot locate DVD-ROM

Message 6 of 11 (1,419 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@steve998671 Unable find file. Mega games site is not functional. No results in searching for Crack.
Message 7 of 11 (1,418 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

megagames.com does still exist and has the crack. the dll files im sure are on coursedownloads.com but the page number has probably changed depending on how many new entries have been made on the forum. i would use the first entry under general on the forum. it says you only need DDraw.dll and TW2008.exe and both files are downloadable from there.

Message 8 of 11 (1,401 Views)

★ Novice

How do you get the game to run on Win 10 64bit? I have been trying to get this done for sometime now, without success. 

Message 9 of 11 (1,021 Views)

★ Novice

HOW? How did you do it?

Message 10 of 11 (1,020 Views)