Re: how can I play harry potter and the sorcere's stone in windows 10?

by AndrewCFDay

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I Think EA does not have license for harry potter games anymore dude

Message 11 of 18 (2,591 Views)

@WRiderr pretty much. The license is at Warner, so EA can't do bloody nothing, despite having developed those games directly. They can't sell them anymore, they can't update them (for modern OS compatibility), they can't remake or remaster them. And Warner has no interest in aiding their competitors. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 12 of 18 (2,573 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I figured it out - someone below mentioned the issue with anti piracy systems on games this old not being compatible with Windows 10. Solution's quite simple, once installed get yourself a no-cd crack off the internet and it bloody well works! Not sure I can list the website from which I obtained the .exe as I'm not sure what EA's policy is on cracking a 20 year old game I own a full retail copy of, but it was pretty much the top result on a google search.

Message 13 of 18 (2,206 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Zip file of Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone is still on the internet or web.

The problem with a lap top Windows 10,64 bit computer;

is that if one is running an NT based operating system, with the nature of the NT kernel,

some information may not be incomplete.

The old  free installer of the same product is mostly designed for a Windows 7 up to a Windows 8,

computer, that are in danger of becoming museum computers, and are no longer on sale as brand new equipment.

Email:

[edit: email address removed]

Message 14 of 18 (1,911 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Zip file of Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone is still on the internet or web.

The problem with a lap top Windows 10,64 bit computer;

is that if one is running an NT based operating system, with the nature of the NT kernel,

some information may not be incomplete.

The old  free installer of the same product is mostly designed for a Windows 7 up to a Windows 8,

computer, that are in danger of becoming museum computers, and are no longer on sale as brand new equipment.

Email:

Message 15 of 18 (1,911 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The game doesn’t work mine either and I use windows 7 still because it came with my pc maybe it should be added to origin! and made so it can work! Like how Rockstar made San Andreas playable on ps4! 

Message 16 of 18 (1,727 Views)

★★★ Newbie

wondering why no one from EA games awnser this, really missing it,they have made so much of lego for pc and ps, so dont get why they cant make a remake of it

Message 17 of 18 (1,214 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi I have a few pictures of my game here that I will send. And wonder why I cant open harry pooter in the installed map in windows 7 as I could do it just before. I opened  HP.exe and now when I restarted the computer it doesnt start at all. While using a code in a batchfile to patch this security protection the code didnt start the game but the programfile icon started the game. 

And most wired now is that a window about not finding the playing cd to order of the pheniox is missing, So it seems windows wants to start order of the pheonix when I start the philiosopher stone.   

Message 18 of 18 (946 Views)