hey i recentky

by kanishk127

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

hey i recentky

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey,i recently installed devil may cry 5 in my pc and when i launched it,it crashed in the beginning only saying that application is sending the false commands with error code 0x887a0006 .Please tell me how can i resolve the issue regarding the game?

Message 1 of 2 (295 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: hey i recentky

Community Manager

Hey @kanishk127 is the full error message related to 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG?

If so then this error is related to your GPU, the best thing to do is a clean install of your GPU drivers. 

You also need to ensure that you:

• Have installed driver 417.35
  • Turn on vsync
  • Perform a clean bootbefore attemting to play the game
  • Ensure you have power supply capable of meeting the demands of your hardware while it is under heavy gaming load
  • Set all in game graphics settings to low in order to reduce the stress on your GPU.
  • Set the high performance preset in your GPU control panel, as opposed to the high quality preset.
  • Run your video card at stock speeds (memory and core). This is also important for players with factory overclocked cards. This will require some third party software such as EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner etc.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (230 Views)

All Replies

Re: hey i recentky

Community Manager

Hey @kanishk127 is the full error message related to 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG?

If so then this error is related to your GPU, the best thing to do is a clean install of your GPU drivers. 

You also need to ensure that you:

• Have installed driver 417.35
  • Turn on vsync
  • Perform a clean bootbefore attemting to play the game
  • Ensure you have power supply capable of meeting the demands of your hardware while it is under heavy gaming load
  • Set all in game graphics settings to low in order to reduce the stress on your GPU.
  • Set the high performance preset in your GPU control panel, as opposed to the high quality preset.
  • Run your video card at stock speeds (memory and core). This is also important for players with factory overclocked cards. This will require some third party software such as EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner etc.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (231 Views)