Re: crysis warhead

by justonemarko

Original Post

crysis warhead

★★★ Newbie

CRYSIS WARHEAD will not activat???  my Release date check failed, that is written on the SecuRom dialog box every time I finish the installation or retry, retry, retry,  but still dialog box says an "error occurred during the online release date check.  Click RETRY to try again.".   what do I DO,  Ive played this game on Vista and on windows 7 but now I can't activate it!!!!  I have a activation key that came with the disc which worked before, even if it were a few years way back when..  So what do I do now, I can hardly write this message for the tears running down my face and on to the keyboard.  Please help, I can't carry on without putingt on my nanosuit  and I dont't want to yield my minigun just yet.

Any help and  will be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (2,746 Views)

★★ Expert

@justonemarko 

I did some research for your answer and I found this.

If you like the answer please credit me for the Solution and XP me kindly, please.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/FAQ-Serial-Codes-Game-Activation-and-Download-Issues/t...

Message 2 of 4 (2,721 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for the effort but my problem was not in the link you supplied.  I have installed the game from a disc I bought way back when  but it is unable to finalize the activation key/code and unable to activate due to SecuRom being no more, dead as a dodo and shuffled up it's mortal coil and is defunked.  The dialog box says "error occurred during the online release date check. Click RETRY to try again.".  so I retry and the game will not activate. the game used to activate through SecuRom which was a activation company employed by E/A.  Even though I have everything to activate the game Like back in the old days when you could just pop in the disk and everything just worked so now I have the game reinstalled  but will not start because it is not activated The activation key that I input goes nowhere, secuRom tryies to find the activation server but the server does not exist..So I am asking E/A to activate my original bought and payed for copies of E/A games of which I have a few e.g.Dead Space etc Will they do it?

Once again I thank you for your reply to my predicament, please forgive my slowness in writing as my keyboard is still a little damp by the tears from the shock of not being able to play my cherished games I worked hard to own and thought I could be able to play them well into my retirement, hoho the ignorance of youth.

I bet the nanosuit wouldn't fit any more,,,,,,  justonemarko crying in his beer and waiting patiently for a respawn.

Message 3 of 4 (2,704 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You can change the computer date to 2012 and that fixes this problem, remember to change it back. However the game doesn't work after that for me.

I get a black screen at 1024x768 for a few seconds then get shunted back to the desktop.

I tried to contact EA about it and got someone who only knew about Origin and steam.  They wanted me to turn off any other startup programs, which of course didn't work.

The game is no longer supported by EA.

Message 4 of 4 (1,181 Views)