Re: burnout paradise the ultimate box pc

by EA_Leeuw

Original Post

Accepted Solution

burnout paradise the ultimate box pc

★★★★ Novice

I have the original Retail copy of Burnout Paradise The ultimate box on pc and have recently reinstalled the game, shortly after I launch the game a message pops up advising that "The game can not start. There seems to be a problem contacting the license server. Ensure your internet connection is active and try again in a few minutes" 

I realize that the game servers were shut down in 2019, but I have reinstalled and played this game twice in the past two years, once late last year and previously in July 2020 and I never had this message appear previously.

I have tried the suggested methods of changing compatibility mode, disconnecting web cam etc and nothing makes a difference. After launching the game it doesn't get past the message that pops up. Is there some other method of getting past this license server check? I've got the retail original copy with the license code printed on it so and it accepts the code each time I install it. My internet service is high speed 300mbit Fibre and its definitely up and running, any advice appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (765 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Hi EA-Leeuw,

Apologies for the late reply, and thanks for getting back to me.

I've since had the issue resolved so you can close this message if you need to.

And in answer to your question, yes I had a problem with Windows 10 and had to reformat and reinstall the OS and all apps, very time consuming as you can imagine.

Regards

jk2outcast

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (677 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hey @jk2outcast,

If you were able to play the game just fine even when the online services were stopped, it could very well be a different issue.

May I ask, is it possible that you have switched PCs or PC components in-between now and the previous time you tried to play this game, when the services were stopped?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 2 of 4 (728 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi EA-Leeuw,

Apologies for the late reply, and thanks for getting back to me.

I've since had the issue resolved so you can close this message if you need to.

And in answer to your question, yes I had a problem with Windows 10 and had to reformat and reinstall the OS and all apps, very time consuming as you can imagine.

Regards

jk2outcast

Message 3 of 4 (678 Views)

Community Manager
@jk2outcast, no worries at all, I am happy to read your update and I am glad to hear that it's working again.

May I ask what the fix was for your issue? Standard smile
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 4 of 4 (641 Views)