Re: burnout paradise remastered pc xbox series x controller connection

by EA_Illium

Original Post

Accepted Solution

burnout paradise remastered pc xbox series x controller connection

★★★ Newbie

I have the Xbox ultimate game pass on my pc and part of it was that I was able to play burnout paradise on the ea beta app. I started the game, and as usual, had my Xbox controller connected to the PC, yet the game would not let me use the controller to play. I have the Xbox series X controller. I don't know what to do.

Message 1 of 6 (1,289 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @AwesomeBoy961 Thanks for this to check can you or have you tried the steps mentioned here?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,210 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@AwesomeBoy961 Do you have the controller connect before or after launching the game? Also, are you using it as BT or wired?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 6 (1,248 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I tried both, turning on the controller before and after. It is connected via Bluetooth.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 6 (1,237 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @AwesomeBoy961 Thanks for this to check can you or have you tried the steps mentioned here?

Illium.png

Message 4 of 6 (1,211 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I had the same problem but with an Xbox One S controller and the way I got it to work was surprisingly to downgrade it with the xbox accessories app for windows 10. I connected by controller over usb, used Run to launch xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true and it downgraded the firmware on my controller causing it to work with burnout paradise again. I can't believe that "upgrades" can downgrade things so substancially!

Message 5 of 6 (868 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

Sorry for the very late reply.

I have tried the methods in the other topic section, however, unfortunately, it did not work.

Please let me know if there are any other methods that I can use to fix this problem.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 6 (777 Views)