black and white

by Hicota420

Original Post

black and white

★★★ Newbie

Dose EA own the rights too the game Black and white 1 and or 2?  that is my question and if they do have the rights I think I would make an awesome VR game ….. just saying

Message 1 of 3 (359 Views)

Re: black and white

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @Hicota420.

I also really enjoyed the Black & White series. I'm happy to see someone else interested in the games. While I don't envision there being another installment any time soon, I'll certainly pass your feedback along. Thanks!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 2 of 3 (317 Views)

Re: black and white

@Hicota420 the rights are probably with MS, which explains the lack of sequels. The game was made by Lionhead and published by EA, but after Lionhead was bought by Microsoft, the game disappeared from sales, with only second hand copies being available. The worst case scenario is that the rights are caught in a legal battle or that the IP is considered unprofitable. 

Lionhead published both Black and White games and their expansions + The Movies and its expansion through EA, but all those games suddenly disappeared when Lionhead was bought by MS. 

The only way for those games to not be re-released digitally is that they are caught in a legal dispute or are owned by MS now. I hope that it's the later, as MS seem to move again towards the PC market, as they've announced a new Age of Empires game, a remake of AOE2, the entire Halo Collection will be on PC and so on. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 3 (306 Views)