Re: WreckFest Install/ Finalizing Glitch on Win 10

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

@AngelofDev - Thank you for the info, I was hoping we'd find an error message that points to an actual problem.

@snhyper - I completely understand your frustration - these older games can be tricky sometimes during the install. Thanks for the link, I don't know how I missed that one since I did multiple searches, so congrats on your searching abilities Thumbs up Everyone in that thread seems to have the same issue and the install logs I saw had the same message logged about not installing the vc 2015 redistributable because a newer one exists. There are some games out there that have a need for the exact package, so a lot of times downloading & installing it from Microsoft gets around the problem.

That being said, I hope you can fix this issue by downloading and installing the newest Visual C++ 2015 Redistributables: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685 You will want to do both installs - the x86 and the x64.

Make sure to exit Origin completely. "Run as Administrator" for both. Can't hurt to restart the computer after the install either. Then open Origin and see if you can either repair or install Wreckfest. Fingers crossed

Message 11 of 27 (765 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi tried that and got this

1.png

These are what i already have

2.png

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Message 12 of 27 (814 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@snhyper - That does, indeed, help. It appears that the installer is being stopped because it isn't recognizing the newest Visual C++ update. You'll need to uninstall the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 - 2019 packages, then try the Visual C++ 2015 redistributable packages again. You can leave any packages that are prior to 2015 if you prefer.

Right-click the Windows Start button & choose Settings > Apps > Programs & Features (top right) >

Uninstall both Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 - 2019 Redistributable (x64 & x86)

(You may be asked to reboot your computer)

Reinstall the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributables (x64 & x86)

Then open Origin and see if you can repair or finalize the Wreckfest install. Let me know if it completes, or if you get any other errors.

Still have my fingers crossed Fingers crossed

Message 13 of 27 (803 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi again, i spend more time talking on here than to the Mrs (but after 40 years together she's happy with that)

so i have done as you asked 

3.png

Then tried to instal the ones you asked me to &  got this,

5.png

So here is the log file from the above

4.png

And that is it for me, whilst i appreciate your assistance  i will not be jumping through any more hoops to try to get this game to do what it is supposed to do (Work).

FYI the Origin client updated this morning, not sure if that makes a diffence but just letting you know.

Good luck finding a soluttion.

Kind Regards

Message 14 of 27 (762 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@snhyper wrote:

Hi again, i spend more time talking on here than to the Mrs (but after 40 years together she's happy with that)

I really appreciate your taking the time to provide me with the results. I'm sorry we weren't able to figure out how to get this to work for you, but at least you can get back some conversation time with your wife. Thumbs up Thanks for your help!

Message 15 of 27 (748 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@AngelofDev - Were you able to get this resolved?

If you're willing to try one more thing, I'm interested to see if Wreckfest will finalize if you uninstall all of your currently installed VC++ runtime redistributable packages, reboot your computer & try the wreckfest install again.

(Specifically, I am thinking that the versions of the redistributables that are newer than the game's installs are somehow blocking the finalization. So if you have a bunch of them & don't want to uninstall every one, you could try just uninstalling anything from 2015 and later.) 

Message 16 of 27 (694 Views)

wreckfest will not finalise

★★ Novice

downloaded wreckfest from the the origin vault.it gets to the finalizing stage but thats it,any ideas all my other games in library works 

Message 17 of 27 (627 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey sorry I kind of gave up, not worth the effort anymore. 

I can confirm I tried uninstalling all VC++ redistributables, restarting, re-downloading and reinstalling and still Origin will not verify the game. 

Re-downloading takes about 4hrs and once the game tries to verify an installation there is a good chance that it begins to re-download causing the already downloaded 20GB+ of data to be deleted.

Message 18 of 27 (663 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@AngelofDev - OK, thanks - completely understand. Thanks for trying all that you did, it was really helpful. I'm bummed we weren't able to work it out. 

Message 19 of 27 (640 Views)

★★ Apprentice

There are hundreds of us with this problem.  

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Access-Subscription/Issues-installing-Wreckfest/m-p/9165694#M16373

Go to the "accepted solution" post from EA and give them the error number.  This has been going on for 3 weeks, still nothing in the form of an answer, just, "we're passing the information along".  Best of luck, we just have to sit and wait. 

Message 20 of 27 (609 Views)