Re: WreckFest Install/ Finalizing Glitch on Win 10

by AngelofDev

Original Post

WreckFest Install/ Finalizing Glitch on Win 10

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi i have the same problem with wreckfest, spent 3 hours trying to get it to work and eventually just gave up.

My comp is not new and just 2 days ago i subscribed to premier, had no prob with BF5 or CnC remastered.

Hope there is a fix.

Cheers

Edited title for clarity: @BlackjackWidow 

Message 1 of 27 (2,160 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@snhyper - I moved your post to the Other Games forum, since it's about Wreckfest

Just to clarify, you're using Windows 10 Pro, and when you downloaded and installed Wreckfest, the installation never seems to complete? The button says "Install" not "Play" after doing the install? If that's not exactly what's happening, please let us know. (If it says "Play" but nothing happens, that could help narrow down the issue further)

When a game won't launch, or launches and hangs, it's almost always something blocking the program from running. Try the steps below to see if you can identify the problem:

Always run installation files "As Administrator"
Firewall and Antivirus - Make sure SimCity.exe and Origin.exe are added to exception lists. If you have BitDefender installed, disable it.
Graphics drivers and OS are patched and updated to newest versions
Workfest.exe and Origin.exe - Set them to run "as administrator"
Nahimic 2 or 3 from MSI - this is an audio management program that comes with MSI motherboards. Disable or uninstall it. Nahimic is known to cause this issue with many games.
Disable Origin in-game In Origin main menu, right-click SimCity icon, Game Properties, check the box that says "Disable Origin In-game"
Run in Windows 7 or 8 compatibility mode - right-click SimCity shortcut; choose Properties > Compatibility tab > Check the box to run in Win 7 or 8 compatibility mode

Definitely post back and let us know whether something worked. If it still won't run, reply back with details and any error messages you're getting and attach a dxdiag report

Message 2 of 27 (2,096 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi in answer to your questions,

just to clarify, you're using Windows 10 Pro - yes

and when you downloaded and installed Wreckfest, the installation never seems to complete? The button says "Install" not "Play" after doing the install? - yes

Thanks for your time,

Kind Regards

Message 3 of 27 (2,077 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@snhyper - Did the tips in my other post help? If not, are you using Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access? To test if this is the issue, you can temporarily Turn Off Controlled Folder Access to get the install to work; if it works, then turn it back on and add wreckfest.exe as a CFA Allowed App.

If you still have the problem & want to troubleshoot further, please reply back with a copy of your dxdiag.

How to DxDiag

To post your DxDiag:

1. Select the 'Choose file' button below the post box

2. Find the DxDiag file and select it - hit Open

3. Add text to your post and hit Submit

Message 4 of 27 (2,032 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, controlled folder access is off.

Attached is the DxDiag you asked for.

Kind regards

Message 5 of 27 (2,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Same issue, game won't finalise, I've ensured to run as administrator and have tried to repair the install, I have also downloaded again and still the game won't finalise.

Message 6 of 27 (1,991 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@snhyper @AngelofDev - Thank you both for your responses. 

I suggest you first Clear Origin Cache in case there's a corrupted download file. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/ 

If you're using OneDrive, temporarily pause the synch while installing.

In Origin menu > Origin In-game tab > turn off "Enable Origin In-game"

Enable User Access Control - right-click windows start button > search > uac > Change User Account Control Settings > slider to the default setting (notify me when apps try to make changes)

Then do a clean boot & see if you can get it to finalize the install. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

If you're trying to install to a drive other than C:, try using the default C: install. I notice you both have several drives; some of these older programs are really picky about where they put their data folders. It might be possible to redirect after install, if this is the case, but in the interest of getting the program to work, let it install where wants to go.

If you're still having problems, please see if there's an install log that you can share. Generally, they can be found in the program files folder for the game (check for C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Wreckfest\__Installer) 

Just fyi - If you can get it to install, you may have issues with launching it - there might be some display settings to change due to your HD monitors. I think those can be fixed pretty easily, but it's important to at least get to a spot where you can launch the program or get an error message before we worry about that. 

Message 7 of 27 (1,964 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@BlackjackWidow  Hey mate appreciate your response.

I have tried clearing the Origin Cache and disabling Origin In-game.

I've done a clean install into both C: drive and D: drive (logs attached).

I finally got an error message after trying to uninstall it through Origin again, VC++ runtime redistributable package installation error.

wreckfestInstall.jpg

Message 8 of 27 (1,952 Views)

★★★★ Novice
snhyper

Hi, i have tried all you suggested,

Cache cleared multiple times

Not using 1 drive

Turned off "Enable Origin In-game"

Done the UaC

Clean booted & it still goes into the same install loop (installed on C Drive)

So no, I cannot get it to install & and to be perfectly honest i am getting sick of trying the various fixes or work arounds i keep being asked to do. All the other games i have installed on Origin have worked as expected, Wreckfest is the only 1 that is problematic.

FYI there is another thresd on here that i have just found with 10 pages of people with much the same problem, surely that tells us something.

link https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Access-Subscription/Issues-installing-Wreckfest/td-p/9165694

I apreciatre you trying to help out, but i do not see this as being a local problem.

Kind Regards.

Message 9 of 27 (1,943 Views)

Wrecked-Farse

★★★ Newbie

I am unable to download Wreckfest as it keeps me in the finalizing loop this was one of the only reasons I re-subbed to Origin oppose to just purchasing the battlefield.

From what i have seen on the forums there has been no ongoing support for this and just delegating the blame to firewalls and "limited support as not an ea product" this game is listed on your service and from what i have seen is a major reason as to why some people have purchased this service. if the issue is not able to be resolved it should be removed from premium as it is false advertising. 

alternatively it would be amazing if you could fix the issue and actually make the game playable seen as this is a paid service.

Message 10 of 27 (1,772 Views)