Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Wing Commander Series

by Vigilant2012

Original Post

wing commander 3 joystick problems

★★★★ Newbie

The joystick functions correctly until actual fliying of aircraft, then the joystick movements no longer respond.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Message 61 of 132 (388 Views)

Re: wing commander 3 joystick problems

★★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. I have WIn 7 pro and logitech X3D pro joystick

Message 62 of 132 (404 Views)

Re: wing commander 3 joystick problems

Community Manager

@Deathright2 @keilbasa54 Hi,

I have moved your thread to the Wing Commander Series forum thread within the Other EA Games section.

To answer your question: Once flying, try pressing alt+o and then select Joystick in the top left corner and then exit. The Joystick should work now. If it does not, press alt+o once more and this time choose calibrate in the lower right and proceed there.

Generally, for all available keyboard comments, there is a list here: http://www.wcnews.com/controls.shtml#wc3

Cheers,

Nils

Message 63 of 132 (369 Views)

Re: Wing Commander III crashes between CD1 and CD2

★★★★ Novice

Update.

I've opened a case with E.A. Customer Service but after the expert's investigations they cannot do anything for me.

I de-activated subtitles, I tried to mount the .dat image as iso and as cdrom, and finally chose a virtual drive letter which was not used by any of my physical drives. Nothing changed.

Nevertheless if my ship explodes and I choose Continue, the game asks for CD3 then plays the funerals video and the end credits and goes back to the main terminal. After that if I click on Return it asks me for CD1 and goes back to the introduction video and the first mission, and all this without any CD error.

So I will keep searching ...

Message 64 of 132 (367 Views)

in flight control with the mouse on wing commander 3

★★★ Newbie

is there any way to use the mouse to steer the planes in wing commander 3?

Message 65 of 132 (371 Views)

Re: Wing Commander 3 Mouse Issues

Community Manager

@needsteeth Hi,

I have moved your thread to the Wing Commander Series forum thread within the Other EA Games section.

To answer your question: Once flying, try pressing alt+o and then select mouse in the top left corner and then exit. The mouse should work now.

Generally, for all available keyboard comments, there is a list here: http://www.wcnews.com/controls.shtml#wc3

Cheers,

Nils

Message 66 of 132 (364 Views)

Wing Commander Series and Privateer

★★★★ Newbie

I loaded up Origin for the first time in several weeks, and saw Wing Commander 3 as the free game. Wing Commander is my favourite game series, so I looked it up and bought all titles I saw, but I cannot tell if the expansions (Secret Missions 1 and 2 for Wing Commander, Special Operations 1 and 2 for WC2, and Righteous Fire for WC Privateer) are included or not.

Also, is there any plan to include Wing Commander Prophecy and it's expansion, and/or Privateer 2: The Darkening on Origin?

Message 67 of 132 (367 Views)

Wing Commander 4

★★ Newbie

I need a manual for Wing commander 4.  There is no link in the orgin details

Message 68 of 132 (363 Views)

Re: Wing Commander 4

Community Manager

@sasamurai wrote:

I need a manual for Wing commander 4.  There is no link in the orgin details

@sasamurai Hi,

The Manual is included within the main Wing Commander IV folder, after you installed the game.

By default, that should be here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Wing Commander IV

Just look for the manual.pdf file in there.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 69 of 132 (356 Views)

Calibration

★★★ Newbie

how do i go about calibrating my Xbox controler in wing commander III ?

Message 70 of 132 (355 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help