Wing Commander Series

by Vigilant2012

Original Post

Wing commander prophecy

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

As an old gamer, I am very excited to have all the wing commander games available from the 90s, they even run on my old  windows 7 box! 

But I wanted to know, why are they all on there except for V wing commander prophecy?

Thanks,

Message 11 of 132 (5,600 Views)

Re: Freebie Wing Commander III joystick issue

Community Manager

@diepille01 @loveclose 

I have found two guides here regarding the mapping of the joystick:

Any luck following them? 

@Nuhaus What happens if you start the mission and then press alt+o and select Joystick in the top left there and then choose calibrate in the bottom right once more.

Generally, for all available keyboard comments, there is a list here: http://www.wcnews.com/controls.shtml#wc3

@hattedone Once flying, try pressing alt+o and then select mouse in the top left corner and then exit. The mouse should work now.

Message 12 of 132 (8,112 Views)

Re: Wing commander prophecy

Community Manager

@perlot1901 I am currently not aware how far along we are in adding it to Origin, but in the meantime the game is available from our competition here.

Message 13 of 132 (5,595 Views)

Wing Commander 3

★ Novice

I try to run Wing Commander 3 and calibrate my joystick ( 360 controler does't work ) I broke out my old flight stick pro. I can get it to calibrate ok but when I use the simulator the fighter will not turn except by keyboard.

Message 14 of 132 (5,564 Views)

Re: Freebie Wing Commander III joystick issue

★ Novice

Hi, thanks for your response. I did find the Alt+O command and enabled my ancient Sidewinder joystick. Also thank you for the list of keyboard controls.Unfortunately there is no way to enable the buttons (aside from "fire") or throttle control using Win 7 64 and the game has to be played with the joystick right beside the keyboard..

You really should put up the keyboard commands (or at least a link to them) on the download page for the game.

Message 15 of 132 (5,576 Views)

Re: Wing Commander 3

Community Manager

@jwest13600 wrote:

I try to run Wing Commander 3 and calibrate my joystick ( 360 controler does't work ) I broke out my old flight stick pro. I can get it to calibrate ok but when I use the simulator the fighter will not turn except by keyboard.

@jwest13600 Hi,

Once you start the mission, press Alt+O and select Joystick in the top left there and then choose "Calibrate" in the bottom right once more. This should allow you to play.

As Nuhaus remarks though, unfortunately the remapping of the joystick buttons is currently not working to allow for customization so you likely will also need the keyboard commands along side, which you can find here: http://www.wcnews.com/controls.shtml#wc3

Message 16 of 132 (5,556 Views)

Wing Commander 3 issue

★ Novice

I'm having issues getting WC3 installed.  It downloads but never installs.  It just keeps downloading in a loop.  I'm running Windows 8.1 pro.  I just downloaded and installed Sims 2, so I know the permissions are correct, also I'm an admin on my PC.

It seems to only be affecting WC3.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Any help would be appreciated.

FYI, I've already done the general troubleshooting...cleared Temp files, cleared Origin download cache, scandisk, defrag, ran Origin as Admin, ran Origin in win7 compatibility mode...etc.

Thanks!

Message 17 of 132 (5,578 Views)

Wing Commander III, How to get Windowed Mode

★★★ Newbie

Someone please help me.

I installed Wing Commander III from On-the-house.

I tried the command line options i found online for opening the game in windowed mode, and it is not working.

I refuse to play a game that will not open in windowed mode, but I would like to play this particular game.

If anyone has found anything that works with this new on-the-house version please let me know!

Message 18 of 132 (4,180 Views)

Re: [Origin] Free Games, On the House [Update August 5th: Wing Commander 3: Heart of the Tiger]

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Wing Commander 3. I actually used to play this back in the day. Too bad the game won't detect my joystick. Or even my mouse. And the keyboard controls are almost non-functional.

It's cool and all that you give out free games, but how about ones that are actually playable?

Message 19 of 132 (5,524 Views)

Re: [Origin] Free Games, On the House [Update August 5th: Wing Commander 3: Heart of the Tiger]

Community Manager

@KiraTsukasa Hi,

I moved your post the Wing Commander thread, as others had asked similar questions to yours. Check out my reply here regarding the controls: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/Wing-Commander-Series/m-p/3270417#M20205

Cheers,

Nils

Message 20 of 132 (5,515 Views)