Re: Wing Commander III crashes between CD1 and CD2

by orb2005

Original Post

wing commander 3 joystick problems

★★★ Newbie

The joystick functions correctly until actual fliying of aircraft, then the joystick movements no longer respond.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Message 61 of 132 (712 Views)

Re: wing commander 3 joystick problems

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. I have WIn 7 pro and logitech X3D pro joystick

Message 62 of 132 (728 Views)

Re: wing commander 3 joystick problems

Community Manager

@Deathright2 @keilbasa54 Hi,

I have moved your thread to the Wing Commander Series forum thread within the Other EA Games section.

To answer your question: Once flying, try pressing alt+o and then select Joystick in the top left corner and then exit. The Joystick should work now. If it does not, press alt+o once more and this time choose calibrate in the lower right and proceed there.

Generally, for all available keyboard comments, there is a list here: http://www.wcnews.com/controls.shtml#wc3

Cheers,

Nils

Message 63 of 132 (693 Views)

Re: Wing Commander III crashes between CD1 and CD2

★★★ Novice

Update.

I've opened a case with E.A. Customer Service but after the expert's investigations they cannot do anything for me.

I de-activated subtitles, I tried to mount the .dat image as iso and as cdrom, and finally chose a virtual drive letter which was not used by any of my physical drives. Nothing changed.

Nevertheless if my ship explodes and I choose Continue, the game asks for CD3 then plays the funerals video and the end credits and goes back to the main terminal. After that if I click on Return it asks me for CD1 and goes back to the introduction video and the first mission, and all this without any CD error.

So I will keep searching ...

Message 64 of 132 (691 Views)

in flight control with the mouse on wing commander 3

★★★ Newbie

is there any way to use the mouse to steer the planes in wing commander 3?

Message 65 of 132 (695 Views)

Re: Wing Commander 3 Mouse Issues

Community Manager

@needsteeth Hi,

I have moved your thread to the Wing Commander Series forum thread within the Other EA Games section.

To answer your question: Once flying, try pressing alt+o and then select mouse in the top left corner and then exit. The mouse should work now.

Generally, for all available keyboard comments, there is a list here: http://www.wcnews.com/controls.shtml#wc3

Cheers,

Nils

Message 66 of 132 (688 Views)

Wing Commander Series and Privateer

★★★ Newbie

I loaded up Origin for the first time in several weeks, and saw Wing Commander 3 as the free game. Wing Commander is my favourite game series, so I looked it up and bought all titles I saw, but I cannot tell if the expansions (Secret Missions 1 and 2 for Wing Commander, Special Operations 1 and 2 for WC2, and Righteous Fire for WC Privateer) are included or not.

Also, is there any plan to include Wing Commander Prophecy and it's expansion, and/or Privateer 2: The Darkening on Origin?

Message 67 of 132 (691 Views)

Wing Commander 4

★★★ Newbie

I need a manual for Wing commander 4.  There is no link in the orgin details

Message 68 of 132 (687 Views)

Re: Wing Commander 4

Community Manager

@sasamurai wrote:

I need a manual for Wing commander 4.  There is no link in the orgin details

@sasamurai Hi,

The Manual is included within the main Wing Commander IV folder, after you installed the game.

By default, that should be here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Wing Commander IV

Just look for the manual.pdf file in there.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 69 of 132 (680 Views)

Calibration

★★★ Newbie

how do i go about calibrating my Xbox controler in wing commander III ?

Message 70 of 132 (679 Views)