Wing Commander 2 Secret Ops

by Anasm76

Original Post

Re: Joystick in Wing Commander

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@adspace wrote:

When you change the joystick setting in the in-flight option menu you have to make sure to click save or you will have to do it every mission

@KiraTsukasa Did you see the reply by adspace?

Message 51 of 132 (824 Views)

Wing Commander III crashes between CD1 and CD2

★★★ Novice

Hi everyone.

I installed and started playing Wing Commander III Heart of the Tiger (Origin free version).

Everything's fine until the game asks for CD2 and to click when ready. After clicking with the mouse the game crashes back to Desktop !!! This is after successfully rescuing Flint in the Laconda System and just before returning back to the Flight Control room.

Apparently an image of the game files is mounted via DosBox in a D: virtual drive along with a C: drive where the savegames are.

I played around with dosbox.conf in order to see what seems to happen, and all the needed files are present in the D: drive like it is specified in wc3.con. Does this come from write permissions missing or from a bad virtual drive letter ?

For now I'm stuck at this point of the game. If anyone has an idea it would be greatly appreciated !

Hope to hear from you soon.

Message 52 of 132 (791 Views)

Re: Wing Commander III crashes between CD1 and CD2

Community Manager

@orb2005 I have moved your post to the Wing Commander Series thread. Unfortunately I am not aware what might be causing this, hopefully one of the other players has an idea.

Message 53 of 132 (783 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks for the help!
Message 54 of 132 (763 Views)

Community Manager

You are welcome, have fun fighting those Kilrathi!

Message 55 of 132 (743 Views)

Wing Commander 2 Secret Ops

★ Novice

I bought Wing Commander 2 and was wondering if it comes with Special Ops 1 & 2. If yes, how can I run them?

Message 56 of 132 (730 Views)

Re: Wing Commander 2 Secret Ops

★ Novice

Didn't quite figure it out, but I did this on Windows 7:

Went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Wing Commander 2\Game\Game\WC2

(or wherever you installed it)

open dosboxWC2_single.conf with notepad

Changed WC2 to SO1

Save and close

Double click the regular WC2 icon.

Hope this helps others!

Message 57 of 132 (729 Views)

Re: Wing Commander 2 Secret Ops

Community Manager

@Anasm76 I have moved your posts into the Wing Commanders series thread. Thanks for highlighting it.

Normally you should be able to select some of the additional games by right clicking the game tile within the Origin client and selecting "View Game Details". If you scroll down there then, it should list any included expansions etc.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 58 of 132 (723 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello.

I still have the same problem. I think it comes from the fact that the data.dat image mounted by DosBox is an ISO image of WC3 CD1 (although it contains all the files from the four CDs) and its name is "WC3_CD1".

The error message I get is : "GetMoviePalette() called outside a movie.". Maybe can I try with multiple images in DosBox ... I will keep you posted.

Bye.

Message 59 of 132 (721 Views)

Community Manager
Ah I see. Yeah let me know how that goes please.

As far as I am aware, our Quality Assurance Team did not experience this issue when playing, so I am curious what might be different with your setup.
Message 60 of 132 (715 Views)