Re: Wing Commander 3 issue

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Highlighted

Community Manager

@Lordofthekeg wrote:

I'm having issues getting WC3 installed.  It downloads but never installs.  It just keeps downloading in a loop.  I'm running Windows 8.1 pro.  I just downloaded and installed Sims 2, so I know the permissions are correct, also I'm an admin on my PC.

@Lordofthekeg  Hi,

Do you have UAC (user account control) enabled and set to notify?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 21 of 132 (2,216 Views)

game not playable

★★★ Newbie

wing commander iv will not update loads movies fine but game screens bounce

Message 22 of 132 (1,164 Views)

Wing Commander meant for CRT Monitors

★★★ Newbie

i downloaded wing commander 3 and was a little excited at first. so i launched and and wow, i totally was blown away at the huge blocky pixels lol. Then i remembered something. i bought at sams club a sega genesis classic game console which had over 80 games pre installed. here is what i am getting to, in the instructions it said if you are playing on a flat screen monitor 24" that i had to optimize the video settings for something.

so, these old games for 5 bucks are a good deal, but i wish they would have updated the graphics.

i mean its great the updated so they will run on our current pc's, but someone forgot about the monitors we are using today versus in the 90's lol

just my 2 cents

Message 23 of 132 (1,132 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@EA_Nils  

I played with a few more UAC settings and was finally able to get it installed.  I appreciate the help!

Message 24 of 132 (1,154 Views)

Wing Commander 3; Heart of the Tiger

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

after downloading and installing the game I started just to have a first impression.

There was a calibrating tool running for the joy stick and mybe something else.

I thougt I will calibate later..... no way.

I uninstalled, downloaded and installed it again, no chance.

I checked the program folder for applications to start...

How can I get that calibration tool started manually?

Right now game is not to play, curser alwasys moves is in the top right corner.

Thx for your help.

Ask-Dako

Message 25 of 132 (1,142 Views)

Free game Wing Commander III

★★★ Newbie

I get this error messag and game will not launch.

The procedure entry point InterlockedIncreaent could not be located in the dynamic library KERNEL32.dll.

Message 26 of 132 (1,141 Views)

On the house wing commander III

★★ Novice

I installed the game, and when I try to run it it is still telling me to install it.  I also added the missing entry in the registry that worked for every other game I downloaded from origin and it still says install.

The missing entry for every other game was HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\"Game company"\"game"\

I had to add the string value Install Dir then point it to the installation directory

example titan fall was under Respawn\Titanfall\ and the Install Dir string was C:\Program Files(86)\Origin Games\Titanfall

the one I added for Wing Commander which didn't work was ...\Origin Systems\Wing Commander III\ and the Install Dir string is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Wing Commander III\     which is where it installed to.

How can I fix the game so it is playable?

Message 27 of 132 (1,137 Views)

Wing Commander III controller

★★★ Newbie

Anyone else have this problem?  The joystick works all through game screens and calibrates fine but as soon as I start a mission the joystick doesn't do anything except that the fire button works... sux trying to fly with the number pad, doesn't even use the 'wasd' configuration Frown

Message 28 of 132 (1,139 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Nils  I am having the same proble that @Lordofthekeg is having.  I am running windows Vista 64 bit.   I played around with the registry as I have with other games that fixed this issue but this time it won't let me.  I am running as an administrator, and click run the program as administrator.  UAC is turned off, so that shouldn't cause a problem.  Any suggestions?

Message 29 of 132 (1,141 Views)

Wing Commander 3

★ Novice

My Thrustmaster USB joystick doesn't work in flight mode, using windows 7 64 bit.  Looked for a patch but couldn't find one.  Does anyone have a solution?

Message 30 of 132 (1,134 Views)