Wing Commander Series

by Vigilant2012

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Wing Commander Series

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

In reference to the Wing Commander Games available for purchase in the Origin Store, will these run under Windows 7?  The system requirements only state minimum requirements..

Message 1 of 132 (4,286 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Freebie Wing Commander III joystick issue

Community Manager

@diepille01 @loveclose 

I have found two guides here regarding the mapping of the joystick:

Any luck following them? 

@Nuhaus What happens if you start the mission and then press alt+o and select Joystick in the top left there and then choose calibrate in the bottom right once more.

Generally, for all available keyboard comments, there is a list here: http://www.wcnews.com/controls.shtml#wc3

@hattedone Once flying, try pressing alt+o and then select mouse in the top left corner and then exit. The mouse should work now.

View in thread

Message 12 of 132 (8,111 Views)

All Replies

Re: Wing Commander Series

Community Manager

@Vigilant2012 Heya,

Yep they do run under Windows 7. Have fun!

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 132 (4,253 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have problems with wing commander 4: I can see the gameplay, but not the movies (all I see of them are some shadows) what can be the cause of this? I tried running it under windows 7

Message 3 of 132 (4,249 Views)

Wing Commander Series

★ Novice

Hello i bought Wing Commander 1 and 3.

Wing Commander is in English which is not so bad for me, but why is Wing Commander 3 in English only when the information says it supports 3 Languages English, German, Spain, none of them are in the Game. So i wan't a refund, because my english is not the best.

I hope someone can help me out thx

I don't find a button for a EA support either the exist for that Games.

Thx and sorry for my bad english.

Message 4 of 132 (4,245 Views)

Community Manager

@Valerio2342 wrote:

I have problems with wing commander 4: I can see the gameplay, but not the movies (all I see of them are some shadows) what can be the cause of this? I tried running it under windows 7

@Valerio2342 Hi,

Can you try the suggestion posted here?

@68StratoS wrote:

Hello i bought Wing Commander 1 and 3.

Wing Commander is in English which is not so bad for me, but why is Wing Commander 3 in English only when the information says it supports 3 Languages English, German, Spain, none of them are in the Game. So i wan't a refund, because my english is not the best.

I hope someone can help me out thx

I don't find a button for a EA support either the exist for that Games.

Thx and sorry for my bad english.

@68StratoS Hi,

Unfortunately there are only subtitles available for German and French, the game itself is otherwise in English. If you do want to change the subtitles, follow the instructions below:

1. Once you start the game, click on "Go to Flight Control" at the bottom of the screen.
  2. Next click on "Activate Main Terminal" at the computer screen in the middle of the screen. You will be asked to enter a callsign.
  3. Afterwards, click on controls, and there you can at least change the subtitles for the videos from English to French or German on the right hand side under the "language sub-titles" menu.
  4. Now click return to proceed with the game.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 5 of 132 (4,239 Views)

Joystick does not work in Wing Commander III

★★★ Newbie

My Sidewinder Precision Pro does not work in WC III. The only action it performs during spaceflight is the trigger/main guns (button #1). I have calibrated it in both windows and in game. DOSBOX screen recognizes the device by name, axis numbers, and button numbers. Please help, this is one of my favorite "oldies".

Message 6 of 132 (4,239 Views)

Re: Joystick does not work in Wing Commander III

★★ Novice

I've had the same problem. Partiallly fixed by opening the Option screen ingame (Alt+O) where you can select Joystick as the input method. Then you can use the Joystick for movement, but i can't seem to find an option to adjust the button configuration.

Message 7 of 132 (4,229 Views)

Wing Commander 3: Heart of the Tiger: Joystick not working

★ Novice

Game launches fine. I can calibrate the joystick using both the ingame settings and at the very beginning. However, as soon as my ship launches, the joystick is completely unresponsive.

Message 8 of 132 (4,219 Views)

Wing Commander III Mouse does not working for flying controls

★★★ Newbie

I have no joystick, and the mouse works in the menus, but not when flying.

Any suggestions. There is nothing on the options screen.

Windows 7 SP1

Message 9 of 132 (4,215 Views)

Freebie Wing Commander III joystick issue

★★★ Newbie

Firstly, great to see an old timer given new life - played this when it first came out and had a blast.

Now it's great to rerelease it years later as a freebie, but without a joystick, the game is just not playable.

USB joysticks were not in circulation at the time of the original release, and I've rarely been able to reinstall a game and get it runnign with a USB joystick.

Same issue here - buttons operate, but the calibration just doesn't work properly.  

If the game can't be released without these sorts of issues, it's a waste of time releasing it I'm afraid.

Message 10 of 132 (4,222 Views)