Wii Rock Band series end of life?

by RebelJeep

Original Post

Wii Rock Band series end of life?

★★ Newbie

So I dug out all the old Rock Band stuff for the Wii as was a Christmas tradition years ago.  After getting everything loaded and purchasing an adapter for my electronic drum set to work with the Wii, we have been playing a good bit.  Now that all the installed songs are wearing off I thought I would purchase more.... WELL, guess I am out of the loop!  LOL... the Wii store is going offline Jan 2019, and you can't buy Wii points anymore.   So the 2000+ songs I see on the online music store can only be stared at since I am out of points...  I can't even transfer my RB2 and Greenday song disks to my RB3 game due to not having the needed 1000 points.  Anyway to get that to work?  Do any of these instruments work with other platforms?  We own a PS4 and a 360 but will the RB stuff being going end of life for the 360 soon?  I must say it is pretty sad to see game stop selling refurbished Wii's knowing the online store/content is going away in a month.  Any ideas or feedback is welcome.  I really enjoy Rock Band, especially since the pro drum feature and using my electronic kit.

Thanks for taking the time to read my rant...

RebelJeep

Message 1 of 1 (319 Views)