Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Why won't Alice: Madness Returns let me save my game identity???

by JayBear007

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why won't Alice: Madness Returns let me save my game identity???

★★★★★ Newbie

Why won't Alice: Madness Returns let me save my game identity. I've played it 4 times now with NO bugs in game play but when I close the game and re-open it my game identity is non-existent every single time and I have to start from the beginning - all progress is erased.

Message 1 of 5 (274 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks, will do - great advice. It's not saving ANYTHING. No progress even while indicating autosaving. I bet it is as you say. I'm using Bitdefender and almost EVERYTHING is registered as a threat - most of which I ignore cause it does nothing but I bet you are correct in your thoughful assessment will let you know and thanks again!

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (230 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@JayBear007 

It might be the anti-virus preventing the saves from being stored in the proper folder. Check out this answer in the link below.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Alice-Madness-Returns/Alice-Return-to-Madness-not-AutoSaving/td-p/5450470/...

When you open up your Origin client, click on Origin in the top left, click Application Settings, and go to Installs & Saves you can see which folder they're going in. As others mentioned in the other discussion though it might be anti-virus or Windows 10 related, so try adding the game and Origin to your anti-virus exception list.

Are you manually saving your game as you play?

/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 5 (247 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks, will do - great advice. It's not saving ANYTHING. No progress even while indicating autosaving. I bet it is as you say. I'm using Bitdefender and almost EVERYTHING is registered as a threat - most of which I ignore cause it does nothing but I bet you are correct in your thoughful assessment will let you know and thanks again!

Message 3 of 5 (231 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks Bluberry! it worked and I'm now enjoying my game and it saves every time!

Message 4 of 5 (149 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks Blueberry, it worked and now I'm enjoying my game and it saves every time now!

Message 5 of 5 (147 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help