Re: Why won't Alice: Madness Returns let me save my game identity???

by JayBear007

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why won't Alice: Madness Returns let me save my game identity???

★★ Novice

Why won't Alice: Madness Returns let me save my game identity. I've played it 4 times now with NO bugs in game play but when I close the game and re-open it my game identity is non-existent every single time and I have to start from the beginning - all progress is erased.

Message 1 of 9 (4,125 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Thanks, will do - great advice. It's not saving ANYTHING. No progress even while indicating autosaving. I bet it is as you say. I'm using Bitdefender and almost EVERYTHING is registered as a threat - most of which I ignore cause it does nothing but I bet you are correct in your thoughful assessment will let you know and thanks again!

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (4,075 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@JayBear007 

It might be the anti-virus preventing the saves from being stored in the proper folder. Check out this answer in the link below.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Alice-Madness-Returns/Alice-Return-to-Madness-not-AutoSaving/td-p/5450470/...

When you open up your Origin client, click on Origin in the top left, click Application Settings, and go to Installs & Saves you can see which folder they're going in. As others mentioned in the other discussion though it might be anti-virus or Windows 10 related, so try adding the game and Origin to your anti-virus exception list.

Are you manually saving your game as you play?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 9 (4,092 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks, will do - great advice. It's not saving ANYTHING. No progress even while indicating autosaving. I bet it is as you say. I'm using Bitdefender and almost EVERYTHING is registered as a threat - most of which I ignore cause it does nothing but I bet you are correct in your thoughful assessment will let you know and thanks again!

Message 3 of 9 (4,076 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks Bluberry! it worked and I'm now enjoying my game and it saves every time!

Message 4 of 9 (3,993 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks Blueberry, it worked and now I'm enjoying my game and it saves every time now!

Message 5 of 9 (3,990 Views)

★ Novice

I know this is an old message and there isn't much point in commenting but I'm having the same problem with saving in Alice Madness Returns I've tried everything you said adding both origin and the game to the exceptions list on my anti-virus and firewall checking all the files are in the correct places. I also tried running it as administrator But nothing seems to work, if buy any miracle you see this comment any help would be much appreciated.

Message 6 of 9 (3,712 Views)

★★ Novice

how did you manage to save it??? 

Message 7 of 9 (2,164 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, had same issue, Game installed to a USB drive windows anti virus was preventing two things, the EA Desktop app / exe from makings changes and the AliceMadnessReturns exe from making changes, opened windows 10 security and allowed those apps, now the changes are able to be made and auto saves work. Also affected keyboard mappings as the changes to the config files weren't being saved...... Standard smile It's called controlled folder access in windows security, and the My Documents folder is one that is monitored, and as the My Games Folder is under that it wouldn't allow changes to the Config Folder or the Checkpoint folder.

Hope this helps....

Message 8 of 9 (1,584 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got the issue sorted @Veritas8811 and thanks for taking the time to share your fix.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (1,566 Views)