Re: Where to buy Battlefield Vietnam

by IAmIroningMyDog

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Where to buy Battlefield Vietnam

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I understand services were suspended for the older Battlefield games a while ago and were removed from the origin store. Though despite that I'm still wondering if I can still somehow purchase the older BF games

Message 1 of 10 (10,195 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@IIPrest0nII Sorry but as mentioned we don't sell it any more. You might find an old physical copy online if you look around, but as you note the services for the game have been shut down. 

Thanks for the question, sorry that we don't have an official source for the game for you.

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (10,163 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hello @IAmIroningMyDog

Yes, Battlefield Vietnam and Battlefield Anthology pack are not available for purchase via Origin Store. But you can try to buy it via retail stores https://www.help.ea.com/en-za/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2

I think Battlefield Vietnam still should be available in retail stores.

Message 2 of 10 (10,181 Views)

★ Novice

No retail stores where I live have it in stock. I did own the game back at release but since then I've lost the disks from moving houses 

Message 3 of 10 (10,178 Views)

Community Manager

@IIPrest0nII Sorry but as mentioned we don't sell it any more. You might find an old physical copy online if you look around, but as you note the services for the game have been shut down. 

Thanks for the question, sorry that we don't have an official source for the game for you.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 10 (10,164 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

No discussions about piracy. See forum rules.

Message 5 of 10 (9,062 Views)

★★★ Newbie

have you considered selling any of the old games? i mean FFS CoD WaW is still $20 and came out 3 years after BF:V, you dont think theres even a possiblility of making some $$? or is it because you wanna push the new high dollar games, because trust me i wont be buying any 70$+ games, esp with the quality of today's market. given i understand "YOU" being the forum admin have no say but good god, EA has been in a tail spin for years and yet the community still buys their *

Message 6 of 10 (7,830 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is ridicilous that game companies are protecting their copyrights even for old games. And even they are not selling them. If I want my Battlefield Vietnam back (legally buyed), and I can't buy it back even spending my money. What options do I have than download it from shady providers?

Message 7 of 10 (7,654 Views)

@supamatti Thing is that some of the old BF games were using the GameSpy tech for the MP side. That would mean a complete recreation of the code for those old games, so the MP would work again. And that would not be profitable. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 8 of 10 (7,581 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Apologies I know this is old post from jan but people do still play this on multiplayer, you just need to download some patches for it. Kinda odd that EA threw away these classics, there are many gamespy reliant games still on steam so I don't really understand the point of it.

Message 9 of 10 (6,331 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ScruffySasquatch most of the games that had MP using the Gamespy software and servers had their MP overhauled or simply removed from the stores. It was the choice of the publishers/developers which way they would go. 

I know there are methods to play the MP, but all of them are in a really grey area, as they are not officialy developed by EA, but third parties.

As for throwing a classic away, the costs for overhauling were probably deemed too high for such an old game. And BF Vietnam, like most of the BF titles, is an MP affair. So, it was not thrown away, but removed from the stores.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 10 of 10 (6,278 Views)