What happened to Bookworm? #BringBackBookworm

by MajorMinish

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What happened to Bookworm? #BringBackBookworm

★ Apprentice

What happened to Bookworm? I've noticed that all three Bookworm games were removed from steam and origin why did popcap even remove them? Please bring those back because physical copies are pretty expensive like 40 dollars for a copy of Bookworm Adventures like jeez just bring it back Popcap.

Message 1 of 16 (16,481 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: What happened to Bookworm? #BringBackBookworm

Community Manager

@MajorMinishThe Bookworm games were retired and are currently not available. 

It is always nice to see the passion people have for the game and I will pass your feedback on to the team. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (16,429 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@MajorMinishThe Bookworm games were retired and are currently not available. 

It is always nice to see the passion people have for the game and I will pass your feedback on to the team. 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 16 (16,430 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I purchased this game a few years ago but I don't have the order number anymore to register it. I realize the game was retired (which is sad because I would buy it again in a heartbeat) so is there any way I can have my order looked up so I can register the copy I already purchased?

Message 3 of 16 (16,310 Views)

BookWorm Deluxe / Popcap Games?

★★★ Novice

What is going on with PopCap Games / BookWorm Deluxe.

Removed from Steam, and Shockwave.com no longer plays as of 2019 sometime?

My guess is EA is going to make it origin subscription exclusive now?

Message 4 of 16 (15,986 Views)

★★★ Newbie

just purchased a copy EBAY...cannot install...lost the money...can you help?

Message 5 of 16 (15,556 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i purchased bookworm from ebay cannot load...did I lose my money?  please help

Message 6 of 16 (15,555 Views)

★★ Novice

I would also like to see this game back on Steam! It's my most favorite PC word game! Please do talk to the creators of this game if you can. I would like more of these Bookworm Adventures games. I've play the 1st two titles and won them over and over again. Give us newer titles and sequels after the 2nd Bookworm Adventures game. I paid full price for the "Wordy Word Bundle" physical disc set straight out of Wal-Mart and I didn't mind it one bit, neither did I hesitate! I still have them on my shelf unscratched and they will never be for sale. One reason I didn't mind paying for them, I'm very particular of the games I purchase, I have to be very intrigued by them. There is empty space on my shelf right this minute next to my "Wordy Word Bundle." My shelf is waiting for more Bookworm Adventures titles to fill the gap! If not Bookworm Adventures, give us a similar / same game with a new title. I wouldn't mind purchasing them on Steam, but I do prefer the physical copies. 

One thing is for sure, I'm certainly glad I purchased the Bookworm Collection from Wal-Mart when I did, I'm not as hurt as the others that only purchased the game from Steam since it was pulled from Steam.

Message 7 of 16 (15,095 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Good luck with this, apparently they removed our purchase history and we've had to purchase it 2x in the past. We own it and now we can't use it on our new computer with MS10. Trying to talk with a US citizen for help is impossible. Pretty ticked off right now, as I've been trying for 4 hours to re-purchase, however it's telling me I'm not online as it's using info from our old computer. 

Message 8 of 16 (14,849 Views)

bookworm deluxe

★★★ Newbie

Is there any way to register bookworm deluxe today ??

Message 9 of 16 (14,644 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

G R E E D! I purchased it also and when it screwed up I requested help and, well, its more expensive, and bye, bye, little people, you helped us grow now sucks to be you! pffffft not like they cant afford to kick them back out or at least replace with windows current versions for those crazy prices.  

Message 10 of 16 (12,506 Views)