Re: Updated Sims 4 on Origin on Mac, Now the Game Keeps Crashing. What should I

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Updated Sims 4 on Origin on Mac, Now the Game Keeps Crashing. What should I do?

★ Novice

I have recently updated my Sims 4 game on Origin for Mac. Prior to this, the game has been running perfectly. I had an update for the game, so obviously, I did update it. Now, I can click play and the game will open to a black screen. Eventually CleanMyMac will deem it an unresponsive application and I’ll close it. When I try to open it not through Origin, my computer says “The Sims 4 can’t be opened”. I’m really frustrated and I don’t know what to do. My last resort will be completely uninstalling the game and the expansions I have with it.

I’ve tried:
- Restarting my Computer
- Freeing Space
- Freeing Ram
- Repairing the Game
- Checked for Updates

This is happening through Origin on a Mac with macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.1.

Please Help, and Thank You,

Elleauraine

Message 1 of 5 (562 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This is the Other EA Games forum page. This is the link to the Origin Technical Issues  forum page: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/O-2

This forum should help you solve your issue or any questions you may have. Search for your issue or scroll through to find an issue similar to yours.

Hope this helped Standard smile 

Message 2 of 5 (548 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you!! I will post my question on that forum Wink
Message 3 of 5 (530 Views)

Community Manager

@Elleauraine Please try the Mac troubleshooting steps for some ideas on what you can do to get the game working: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/td-p/46...

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (522 Views)

Community Manager

@Elleauraine Are you still having issues with the game?

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (484 Views)