Unable to Play Peggle Nights Fullscreen

by Benoetius

Original Post

Unable to Play Peggle Nights Fullscreen

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello,

Recently I re-downloaded Peggle Nights to my computer from my Origin account. However, the game only launches in a small window that I am unable to resize or make fullscreen. I have tried Alt+Enter, I have tried enabling fullscreen in the game's own settings window, I have tried passing command line prompts in the Advanced Launch Options, I have tried repairing the game, I have tried updating the game, I have tried running in compatibility mode and messing with all sorts of properties and settings within the executable itself. No luck on any front. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 6 (5,488 Views)

Re: Unable to Play Peggle Nights Fullscreen

Community Manager
Hi @Benoetius,

Unfortunately Peggle Nights is almost 15 years old now, and was designed to run on Windows Vista at the time of its release. You may experience some compatibility errors when trying to run the game on newer OS's.
EACade
Message 2 of 6 (5,422 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It is a game that is currently on the EA Play list so this excuse is so poor... if EA are going to take my subscription money, they should make sure the available games run on modern hardware.

Message 3 of 6 (5,041 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I finally got it full & stretched. I had to go into nvidia control panel. If not on nvidia try to look for similar options. Click adjust desktop size and position. Scroll down to Scaling. Mine was default checked aspect ratio, this crashes peggle. Check Full-screen. Now it says Perform scaling on Display, change that to GPU. Make sure you check Override the scaling mode set by games and programs. Because peggles ratio is locked. I dont think they will ever update this game so getting mad doesnt help but you can get around it. Doing this has not affected any of my other games so far & does fix peggle nights as well. It looks great in widescreen despite what others have said

Message 4 of 6 (4,813 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey!  Big thanks for this.  I decided to install Peggle again a couple of months ago for the first time in years, but couldn't get it working in full-screen mode on my 4k display.  Choosing full-screen in the peggle options just made the game really small and centered on my display with black all the way around (top, bottom, and sides).  

This actually worked!  See my attached screenshot of my nvidia control panel settings.

I still prefer the original 4:3 aspect ratio as opposed to it being stretched though.  So I did everything you said except for step 3.

1 - Go to nvidia control panel.

2 - Click adjust desktop size and position.

3 - Scroll down to Scaling. Mine was default checked aspect ratio (same as your settings were).  However, I didn't experience any crashing.  I simply left this setting as-is (on aspect ratio).  This is the only instruction of yours I didn't follow.

4 - Check Full-screen.

5 - Now it says Perform scaling on Display, change that to GPU.

6 - Make sure you check Override the scaling mode set by games and programs. 

Message 5 of 6 (4,227 Views)

★★★ Newbie

dont work 4 me

Message 6 of 6 (3,870 Views)