Re: Ultima Online - What do I have to buy? Store is confusing

by ivrognard

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ultima Online - What do I have to buy? Store is confusing

★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone

Ater all these years I finally wanted to give Ultima Online a try. But, in all honesty, I might be a bit too stupid to understand the Origin store. It has so many options as to what's Ultima Online, I have no idea what to buy.

So I hoped to receive some clarity from one of you kind people out there.

Thank you very much

Message 1 of 3 (808 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@TimetravelerKi 

I will point that you should check the base game by downloading the client from here

That is free. 

On the official game boards you can see the benefits of being a subscriber

So...Ultima Online in store

Let's set aside the Sovereign packs (that's the premium coin in-game).

Also, there are 3 subscriptions (for 1 month, for 3 months and for 6 months).

The housing and bank upgrade is for stroring more items in those two. You can buy a seventh slot for characters (so you can have 7 characters instead of 6).

Then you have three decorative packs (Gothic pack - relatively useful, Rustic pack and King's Collection).

Which leaves us with the most important of those: Time of Legends, which actually adds things to the game: skills, new areas and so on. 

So, as you just want to try the game, i'd say to get the free version. If you actually like the game, get the 6 months plan, as you will save some money, later on,

Then go and add Time of Legends and the decorations packs (the Gothic one has an item that will help with aquiring certain skills faster, so that would be the first to grab). From there, you can get storage upgrade (Housing and bank) and an extra slot later, if you think that 6 are not enough.  

I hope that this clears some of the questions you had. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (771 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@TimetravelerKi 

I will point that you should check the base game by downloading the client from here

That is free. 

On the official game boards you can see the benefits of being a subscriber

So...Ultima Online in store

Let's set aside the Sovereign packs (that's the premium coin in-game).

Also, there are 3 subscriptions (for 1 month, for 3 months and for 6 months).

The housing and bank upgrade is for stroring more items in those two. You can buy a seventh slot for characters (so you can have 7 characters instead of 6).

Then you have three decorative packs (Gothic pack - relatively useful, Rustic pack and King's Collection).

Which leaves us with the most important of those: Time of Legends, which actually adds things to the game: skills, new areas and so on. 

So, as you just want to try the game, i'd say to get the free version. If you actually like the game, get the 6 months plan, as you will save some money, later on,

Then go and add Time of Legends and the decorations packs (the Gothic one has an item that will help with aquiring certain skills faster, so that would be the first to grab). From there, you can get storage upgrade (Housing and bank) and an extra slot later, if you think that 6 are not enough.  

I hope that this clears some of the questions you had. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 3 (772 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ivrognard Thank you very much! Will start my journey right away with the free version. Can't wait to try it out!
Message 3 of 3 (756 Views)