Re: Ultima 3: Exodus; Error message "Wrong Disc" everytime

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ultima III: Exodus

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i just downloaded  this game from your site, and no matter what i press it stops everything and says wrong diskette. what do i do?

Message 1 of 7 (1,030 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: ultima 3 exodus

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@Beronja : Try changing the folder in which Ultima 3 is installed to make sure it is not read-only, and try launching it as administrator.

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,157 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@Beronja : Try changing the folder in which Ultima 3 is installed to make sure it is not read-only, and try launching it as administrator.

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 2 of 7 (1,158 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I changed the Ultima folder from read only, and launched as administrator, but still only get to title screen and still states, Wrong Diskette!!" Running Windows 8.1

Message 3 of 7 (973 Views)

Ultima 3: Exodus; Error message "Wrong Disc" everytime

★★★ Newbie

I get Wrong Disc message on load every time I try playing the game I have uninstalled it and re-installed it same result.

Message 4 of 7 (948 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've the same issue.  Any chance EA might actually SOLVE this problem given it's been an issue for years?

Message 5 of 7 (851 Views)

Community Manager

@Septhaka Hi there,

I was trying to reproduce this issue and noticed that I got queried for a cloud save when I first started the game. Did that happen for you as well?

If so, what happens if you uninstall, reinstall again and tell me whether you now get queried for a cloud save, and what option you selected.

Now check again if you still encounter the "wrong diskette" error.

If you do, please create an Origin Error Report and post its ID in here as highlighted in red below.

1. Open Origin.
  2. From the menu on the top choose "Help"
  3. Select "Origin Error Reporter" (You can read more about it here: http://download.dm.origin.com/oer/en_GB.html )

You will see three screens as shown below. 

1. For type of error select "Downloading Games"
  2. For the description of the problem, please include a brief description (copy/paste of your first post should do) and include a link to your forum post.
  3. Check the box to share diagnostic information and click on "Send Report"
  4. The error reporter will show the second screenshot from below and will then show the third screenshot when finished. On the third one mark and choose to copy (or write down) the Error Report ID text string (bolded) and post it here.

With this ID we will be able to take a closer look at what exactly has been going on. Thank you very much for taking a look in advance.

OER_tool.png

Cheers,

Nils

Message 6 of 7 (841 Views)

Community Manager

@Septhaka Hi again,

Any chance you did test changing the cloud saving settings? Feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 7 of 7 (828 Views)