Ultima Forever is being retired

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ultima Forever

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

Why does the US not have Ultima Forever?

It doesn't make sense to allow Canada to be the only ones to receive this free game. I have searched all over and never been one to really hack or pirate a game. A Ultima game on the cell phone is a fantastic idea and I know of plenty of Americans that want to play this game. I want a legit copy but because I live in the US I cannot get one. Any help with this issue would be appreciated. Thank you.

Message 1 of 5 (593 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

As of Aug 29th 2014 (11:00 AM EDT), Ultima Forever will be shutting down its online services, and will no longer be available to play.

This was a very difficult decision for us to make. We’ve seen the game through ups and downs, and hope that you’ve enjoyed playing it every bit as much as we had making it!  Through it all, it’s been players like you who’ve made it all worthwhile. Please see our official sunset announcement that was posted on the forums.

1. What is happening to Ultima Forever? Is it being retired?
  2. Why is Ultima Forever being retired?
  3. What can I play now?
  4. What if I have an existing balance of Gold, Silver and/or Bronze Keys in Ultima Forever?

On August 29, 2014, EA will be retiring Ultima Forever on iOS devices, which means that the game will no longer be available for play.

Please see our official sunset announcement that was posted on the forums.

EA is focusing its efforts on developing new and exciting titles, as well as bringing new content and updates to existing popular games. As such, we had to make the difficult decision to reallocate development resources to other social and mobile games to ensure a continuation of the best game-play experience possible. EA deeply values all of its players and is dedicated to offering the most fun and engaging experiences across all of our current and future titles.

3. What can I play now?
EA offers a variety of other fun mobile and social games for you to try. Feel free to check these out on your device’s app store.

4. What if I have an existing balance of Gold, Silver and/or Bronze Keys in Ultima Forever?
We encourage any player who has a remaining balance of currency to spend them prior to the game being retired on August 29, 2014. Any remaining currency left on players' accounts at that point will automatically become invalid.

Source: http://help.ea.com/en/article/ultima-forever-is-being-retired/

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (551 Views)

All Replies

Re: Ultima Forever

Community Manager

Ultima Forever is coming to the US, but the release is still a few weeks away.

Please stay tuned for updates on the official website: http://www.ultimaforever.com/ and the forums over here: http://forums.ultimaforever.com/

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 5 (577 Views)

[Log Request] Error Codes 5, 26, 28, 29, 32

★★★ Newbie
I keep getting error code 26 when I log back in to play ultima forever. What is the problem?
Message 3 of 5 (564 Views)

Re: [Log Request] Error Codes 5, 26, 28, 29, 32

Hero (Retired)

Hi There!

Seems quite a few are getting that message, seems they are collecting info here; http://forums.ultimaforever.com/index.php?topic=200.0 Perhaps they will get a "fix"! Standard smile

Message 4 of 5 (562 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

As of Aug 29th 2014 (11:00 AM EDT), Ultima Forever will be shutting down its online services, and will no longer be available to play.

This was a very difficult decision for us to make. We’ve seen the game through ups and downs, and hope that you’ve enjoyed playing it every bit as much as we had making it!  Through it all, it’s been players like you who’ve made it all worthwhile. Please see our official sunset announcement that was posted on the forums.

3. What can I play now?

On August 29, 2014, EA will be retiring Ultima Forever on iOS devices, which means that the game will no longer be available for play.

Please see our official sunset announcement that was posted on the forums.

EA is focusing its efforts on developing new and exciting titles, as well as bringing new content and updates to existing popular games. As such, we had to make the difficult decision to reallocate development resources to other social and mobile games to ensure a continuation of the best game-play experience possible. EA deeply values all of its players and is dedicated to offering the most fun and engaging experiences across all of our current and future titles.

3. What can I play now?
EA offers a variety of other fun mobile and social games for you to try. Feel free to check these out on your device’s app store.

We encourage any player who has a remaining balance of currency to spend them prior to the game being retired on August 29, 2014. Any remaining currency left on players' accounts at that point will automatically become invalid.

Source: http://help.ea.com/en/article/ultima-forever-is-being-retired/

Message 5 of 5 (552 Views)