Tropico 5 crashes on start

by gabrielmm3

Original Post

Tropico 5 crashes on start

★★ Novice

So, I've installed Tropico 5 from EA Access yesterday.

But I can't play at all... Whenever I open the game, the game enters for like 20 seconds or less and then crashes...

I just want to play the game. I've tried reinstalling, getting a hotfix from the developer for physical disk (which wouldn't work but doesn't hurt to try)

Can someone help me?

Message 1 of 29 (18,118 Views)

Re: Tropico 5 crashes on start

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @gabrielmm3.

As Tropica 5 is not an EA title then the level of support that we can offer is limited.

Can you grab me a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Once I get a look at your DxDiag then we can take it from there.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 29 (18,087 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am having the exact same issue. Not sure if it's related, but i just updated to Win10 1903. I haven't played the game since last week, but the only difference i know of is that update.

Message 3 of 29 (18,032 Views)

★★ Novice

My DXDIAG attached. 

Message 4 of 29 (18,021 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, I have experienced exactly the same problem. The game crashes shortly after the intro. Working on the latest Windows 10. 

Message 5 of 29 (17,993 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, can you try opening your install folder for Tropico 5 and in the folder common/Tropico 5/Common/Redist can you run the secondary installers. You need to run all the executable files in there and then restart your PC. Let me know if it helps fix the issue.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 29 (17,959 Views)

★★ Novice
I don't have that folder. Under the Tropico 5 folder is Core, Local, Movies, Packs, and Support. No common or redist.
Message 7 of 29 (17,945 Views)

Community Manager

Is there anything in the local folder @Sagrag?

If the files for the secondary install are not there then it may be worth contacting Haemimont Games support to see what they can suggest: https://www.haemimontgames.com/support/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 29 (17,932 Views)

★★ Novice

In case you find a solution to the problem, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Message 9 of 29 (17,886 Views)

★★ Novice

still having this issue in august. you put a broken game on ea access?

Message 10 of 29 (17,048 Views)