Re: Theme Park inc

by Ladderman67

Original Post

Theme Park inc

★★ Novice

Hi

Does anyone know how to get this game running okay?.I have the game installed from the original Cd's,but after about 10 minutes the game CTD's.

I have applied the changed both the value of GraphicalOptions.RENDER32 and GraphicalOptions.TEXTURE32 from 0 to 1,in the low.sam, med.sam and high.sam files to get the game running.

What i am not sure about is the MinCPU,MaxCPU,CPUTolerance,MinCPU,MaxCPU,VRAM,VRAM,MinMem,MaxMem 64 settings in the Config file.

What would be good is that if this game was available on Origin,being properly setup and ready to run.

Hope somebody can point me in the right direction to get this great game running properly.

Thanks in advance.

Colin

Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs
Intel Core i7 Six Core Processor i7-8700k (3.7GHz) 12MB Cache
Super Quiet Titan DragonFly Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler
1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 3.5" SSHD
6TB WD BLACK 3.5" WD6001FZWX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 128MB CACHE (7200rpm)
CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 580 - HDMI, 3 x DP - DX 12
8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 580 - HDMI, 3 x DP - DX 12
Creative Sound Blaster Zx 5.1 PCI-E Soundcard
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
AOC G2770PF LCD 27 inch Monitor

Message 1 of 4 (658 Views)

@Ladderman67  I didn't manage to find a guide for making the CD release to work on Windows 10, but the game is available as a digital release in the GOG store

GOG is the better option when it comes to really old games, as they try to maintain the compatibility with the modern OS and make them work. Usually, the game can be grabbed in sales at around 1.5$/euro. 

A list of the complete EA oldies can be seen here

As you will notice there are other titles that are not present on the Origin store, but can be bought in the GOG store. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 4 (621 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Hi

I took a look at the GOG store page that you suggested,but i couldn't see Theme Park inc listed in the Electronic Arts.I could see Theme Park,but i don't want that game.I even tried searching for Sim Coaster(The American version of Theme Park inc).

Thanks for the help.

Colin

Message 3 of 4 (609 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Ladderman67 ah... my bad, i've missed the Inc (also, i know it as SimCoaster, so that's why the confusion). Sadly, that one was never released in a digital format. Nor Theme Park World, for reasons unknown.

Did you also set the game to Compatibility Mode Windows XP SP3?

Check this thread for the exact steps.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 4 (599 Views)