Re: The lord of the rings battle for middle earth 2

by Benhammerhand

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The lord of the rings battle for middle earth 2

★ Novice

I keep trying to download The lord of the rings battle for middle earth 2 and the first time it got to 68%, and second time it got to 100% but both times this message comes up and it won’t let me download it, “ A problem occurred when trying to transfer the file ‘D:\Support\EAHelp\whrstart.ico’ from the Media. Do you want to retry to copy the file, or cancel the installation?“ what should I do?

Message 1 of 6 (562 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@KinngWayne Gotcha, there's a thread here that goes into detail on what to expect with this title due to its age and SecuROM. 

Compatibility mode would be the only thing I can recommend to try and get it installed, assuming you aren't on Windows 10. 

EACade

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (522 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@KinngWayne Hi there, are you downloading the game via Origin?
EACade
Message 2 of 6 (537 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Cade I’m downloading it with the actual CD , I bought it off eBay. The first game downloaded fine, how ever the second one will not download , it keeps popping up with that error message .
Message 3 of 6 (533 Views)

Community Manager

@KinngWayne Gotcha, there's a thread here that goes into detail on what to expect with this title due to its age and SecuROM. 

Compatibility mode would be the only thing I can recommend to try and get it installed, assuming you aren't on Windows 10. 

EACade
Message 4 of 6 (523 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Cade I’m on windows 10, is there anyway I can still download it ?
Message 5 of 6 (517 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm trying to downlaod TLOTR Battle for Middle Earth 2 for windows 10. Is this possible?

Many thanks.

Message 6 of 6 (338 Views)