The banner saga won't launch

by Wermaus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The banner saga won't launch

★ Novice

Hello,

So i downloaded The banner saga today since it was added to the origin vault but when i try to launch the game, nothing happens. The cloud sync window appears for half a second, goes from 5% to 100% then disappears and nothing else happens.

Anybody knows how to make it work?

Message 1 of 7 (5,366 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The banner saga won't launch

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Wermaus Does the game appear to install without issue? Does it show on your Programs & Features list on the Control Panel?

Can you play the other Vault games?

If you check the reliability monitor is there a report for the game crashing?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows7/how-to-use-reliability-monitor

If you start Origin in offline mode do you encounter the same issue?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (6,313 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Wermaus Hey, do you get any error message? Is there a crash report in the Reliability Monitor?

Can you try restarting with a Clean Boot and see if that has any effect?

https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (5,299 Views)

★ Novice

I contacted the support through live chat with 3 people and I have tried to do a clean boot, creating another admin profile, using the windows compatibility thing and nothing worked so far. I don't get an error message, nothing happens. Sometimes i'll get an origin crash message saying something like origin has encountered a serious issue and needs to close but that's it.

Message 3 of 7 (5,294 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Wermaus Does the game appear to install without issue? Does it show on your Programs & Features list on the Control Panel?

Can you play the other Vault games?

If you check the reliability monitor is there a report for the game crashing?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows7/how-to-use-reliability-monitor

If you start Origin in offline mode do you encounter the same issue?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 7 (6,314 Views)

★ Novice

Hi 

Same problem ... All other vault games can be played with no problem. The game does apear on my programs & features list....i even have downloaded the Adobe Air (someone else on other forum mentioned it is needed)  Nothing Happens. The game after double clicking on it , pops up a window and in it everything is black,after some time it says that the banner.exe does not respond and asks me if i want to send info to windows.

Message 5 of 7 (4,484 Views)

Community Manager

@EmmZai Thanks for the post. Can I check if there's a crash for the game in the Reliability monitor?

There are some other steps mentioned earlier in the thread, can I check what you have tried? There's quite a few things to try and we don't want to double up on steps. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 7 (4,424 Views)

★ Novice

Hi 

I have made contact with EA - Origin through Live Chat and they send me an email with all the nessassery steps that i have to work with. Before starting those steps , i managed to make it play by going offline (at Origin) and right click "run as administrator" on the main screen shortcut (although that i had to do it 3-4 times as trying only once , again wouldn't start the game , but always at the third or forth the game would start with no problem at all).  

Thank you very much for your reply

Message 7 of 7 (4,416 Views)