The Saboteur

by joeee1o1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Saboteur

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've lost a save game for the saboteur. i didnt change anything so i dont know how this happened. This isnt the first time i've lost one i lost one on need for speed hot pursuit too.

Message 1 of 159 (20,847 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: i can't play "the saboteur"

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@derminore wrote:

i just bought the saboteur from origin but when i press the "play" button in game it just take me to the deskpot and that's it i can't play it no matter what i try please can somebody help me with this problem?

(i choosed alice because the saboteur is not on the list o_o)

There have been issues with some graphic cards and The Saboteur. The developer provided a patch that should fix it.

https://help.ea.com/in/article/the-saboteur-on-pc-freezing-crashing

View in thread

Message 21 of 159 (18,404 Views)

All Replies

Re: [The Saboteur] lost save games

Community Manager

Hi joeee1o1,

At the moment, The Saboteur is not supported on these boards.

If would would like to see The Saboteur supported here, you can suggest it on the Idea Exchange. Best ideas will be periodically reviewed and implemented.

Thanks,

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 159 (13,622 Views)

[The Saboteur] game not working correctly

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The game is moves slowly with movement stutters. Can this be resloved by re-installing the game or is there another solution?

Message 3 of 159 (20,799 Views)

Re: The Saboteur not working correctly

Community Manager (retired)

Hi gollum15,

At the moment, The Saboteur is not supported on these boards.

If would would like to see The Saboteur supported here, you can suggest it on the Idea Exchange. Best ideas will be periodically reviewed and implemented.

Thanks,

François

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 4 of 159 (13,651 Views)

[The Saboteur] connection problems

[ Edited ]
★ Newbie

why do i get disconnected from ea online when i try to download the midnight show dlc for the saboteur? i paid money for this and i cant get my dlc whats up?

Message 5 of 159 (20,798 Views)

[The Saboteur] black screen problem

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I recently installed The Saboteur from Origin, and I'm having an issue with the game.  The game installs and loads fine, but once I get past the "gamma settings" thing that pops up at the beginning of every session, the screen ends up going black.  I can see a few flashes of light that seem to be illuminating the Eiffel Tower and other objects, and there is a one-pixel wide diagonal line across the screen that seems to have the correct colors.  When I start a game, the game itself plays fine, the overlays, maps, and menus all work fine, and the music sounds great, but this black overlay stays on the screen, meaning that I can't really see anything.  It makes the game unplayable.  I know others have reported this issue as well, but I've never found a solution.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I've already installed the beta patch and tried every compatibility mode, but nothing works.

I'm on an Intel Core i3 laptop with Intel HD Graphics (4GB of RAM); my graphics card is below the minimum requirements, but the game itself seems to run fine under that black overlay, and others have been able to run the game with Intel cards.

Message 6 of 159 (20,996 Views)

Re: [The Saboteur] connection problems

★★★ Newbie

Me as well.  Is there any answer?

Message 7 of 159 (20,765 Views)

[The Saboteur] Not Launching

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I just bought The Saboteur off of Gamefly. I activated my key in Origin, and downloaded the game. The launcher pops up, but when I click "Play", my PC acts liek the game is starting, but nothing happens. My first guess is an issue with Windows 8, but I've tried it in Compatibility mode for both Windows 7 and Vista. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 8 of 159 (21,185 Views)

Re: The Saboteur Not Launching

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same issue. I bought the game in special but cannot play it.

Message 9 of 159 (21,153 Views)

Re: The Saboteur Not Launching

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@MooCowsRevenge wrote:

I just bought The Saboteur off of Gamefly. I activated my key in Origin, and downloaded the game. The launcher pops up, but when I click "Play", my PC acts liek the game is starting, but nothing happens. My first guess is an issue with Windows 8, but I've tried it in Compatibility mode for both Windows 7 and Vista. Any help would be appreciated.

@moocowsrevenge: I was able to run it after all. But the solution is not pretty:

1. You can start the game from Origin to set the options, but do not start the game from there. It doesn't work.

2. Once you have set the game options (resolution, graphics details, etc.), close the options.

3. Right-click the executable "Saboteur.exe" in the game folder, and choose "Troubleshoot compatibility".

4. Choose the 2nd option "Troubleshoot program"

5. Select the options "The program requires additional permissions" and "The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now".

6. Select "Windows 7"

7. Test this. If it works, save this. Now you should be able to run the game by just double-clicking the executable. Otherwise, I cannot help you. Frown

You can create a shortcut to the game on your desktop. But you cannot add the game manually in Origin. That won't work. Frown

Hope this helps.

Message 10 of 159 (21,151 Views)