Re: Can't change the language for The Saboteur

by aislington

Original Post

The Saboteur

★★★ Newbie

why iz it gonna take a week to download this game  currently speed ix at 33KBsec,,wow really number 1 game place has got **bleep** servers never mind ill go get on steam bye bye.and cant even pick out rite game ,on select location ......suc worse than microsoft....yes

Message 81 of 159 (4,607 Views)

Re: The Saboteur

Community Manager

Please pause the download for a few seconds and then resume. Usually this can help a bit if you are experiencing a really low download speed.

Message 82 of 159 (4,602 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Can't change the language for The Saboteur

★★★ Newbie

So the only option to change the language from Ger to En is to contact live chat and hope that they actually open a chat....under 5min my ass.

Message 83 of 159 (4,631 Views)

The Saboteur Not Launching

★ Novice

Like some many others on this form, I too am unable to launch The Saboteur on a new i7 multi-core processor.  After waiting for 50mins on the chat site for an Advisor, I was told to come here and post a message and that a developer would respond ASAP and correct this issue.  So here I am, posting and waiting (like the rest of the community) for the developers to fix the problem.

Such an amazing and beuatiful game being kept from enjoyiment by so many users for such silly bug!

Message 84 of 159 (3,796 Views)

Re: The Saboteur Not Launching

Community Manager

@coreydales wrote:

Like some many others on this form, I too am unable to launch The Saboteur on a new i7 multi-core processor.  After waiting for 50mins on the chat site for an Advisor, I was told to come here and post a message and that a developer would respond ASAP and correct this issue.  So here I am, posting and waiting (like the rest of the community) for the developers to fix the problem.

Such an amazing and beuatiful game being kept from enjoyiment by so many users for such silly bug!

@coreydales Heya,

Can you please install this patch here and let me know how you get on?

http://d2ro3qwxdn69cl.cloudfront.net/documents/Game%20Patches/Saboteur_Beta_Patch.exe

Changelog:

Spoiler
Game no longer freezes during play on the following hardware combination: 
* ATI video card from the 3K, 4K, and 5K series 
* Windows Vista/7 both 32 bit and 64 bit 

Known Issues & Current Workaround: 

Users with Quad core CPU's will possibly have significant streaming issues without the following work around. The team is aware of this issue and is working on a fix for it in the next patch update. If you are running a Quad Core CPU please follow the steps below to set Game Only affinity on your CPU. While this will decrease the amount of streaming glitches, it is not a full proof fix. 

Recommended Game-only steps for Quad core users only: 

Windows 7 and Vista 

1.) Boot the game. 
2.) Wait for the main menu to load, then press Ctrl-Alt-Delete. 
3.) Select Start Task Manager. 
4.) If the game is visible, press Alt-Tab, otherwise continue to the next step. 
5.) Inside the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab. 
6.) Find Saboteur.exe, right-click it, and select Set Affinity... 
7.) De-select CPU 2 and CPU 3. 
8.) Click OK.Game no longer freezes during play on the following hardware combination: 
* ATI video card from the 3K, 4K, and 5K series 
* Windows Vista/7 both 32 bit and 64 bit 

Known Issues & Current Workaround: 

Users with Quad core CPU's will possibly have significant streaming issues without the following work around. The team is aware of this issue and is working on a fix for it in the next patch update. If you are running a Quad Core CPU please follow the steps below to set Game Only affinity on your CPU. While this will decrease the amount of streaming glitches, it is not a full proof fix. 

Recommended Game-only steps for Quad core users only: 

Windows 7 and Vista 

1.) Boot the game. 
2.) Wait for the main menu to load, then press Ctrl-Alt-Delete. 
3.) Select Start Task Manager. 
4.) If the game is visible, press Alt-Tab, otherwise continue to the next step. 
5.) Inside the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab. 
6.) Find Saboteur.exe, right-click it, and select Set Affinity... 
7.) De-select CPU 2 and CPU 3. 
8.) Click OK.

Source: http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-saboteur-on-pc-freezing-crashing/

Message 85 of 159 (3,791 Views)

★ Novice

I have tried the patch but no luck.  The game does not launch.

Message 86 of 159 (3,742 Views)

★ Novice

So I also tried the patch with no luck. I can't get the process live long enough to set the CPU Affinity.

Message 87 of 159 (3,718 Views)

★ Novice

I also attempted launching using a command line to set the affinity but, the process still closes after a couple of seconds.

Message 88 of 159 (3,715 Views)

the saboteur the cood in the back

★ Novice
how can i activet me back cood in the lital book in the back sorie if me englahs is not good
Message 89 of 159 (3,691 Views)

The Saboteur

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I just bought "The Saboteur" as origin key on Amazon, when I activated the game in origin i accidentaly chose "german Version", I would like to download the UK version instead though. How can I change the Version?

I havent downloaded anything yet.

Best regards,
Steffen

Hallo,

ich habe gerade "The Saboteur" als origin Key auf Amazon gekauft, bei der aktivierung habe ich jetzt ausversehen auf "deutsche Version" geklickt. Ich hätte aber lieber die UK Version, da sie von der Athmosphäre besser sein soll. Wie kann ich das wieder ändern? Ich habe das Spiel noch nicht herunter geladen...

Gruß
Steffen

Message 90 of 159 (3,676 Views)