The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth

by mdiamond0006

Original Post

Re: [The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth] Where can I get the anthology?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@mrkool347 wrote:

Well I bought this game from Target and it is an EA game, so I thought you guys could help me out a little. I lost the game code which sucks because I don't even play online and it cost me a lot of money.

You are right, the Battle for Middle-Earth games were made by EA LA; however, we lost our license to do games based on The Lord of the Rings a few years back, and can no longer create or sell LOTR-games.

Message 11 of 178 (16,296 Views)

[The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth] Problem: Everyone Dies After a Few Minutes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I recently found a patch that allows me to play Lord of the Rings Battle For Middle Earth on windows 7 computer. However, after 5 minutes of gameplay, something happens where all my characters and buildings just die. I know what the problem is: EA games did this to prevent piracy issues. Pirated games crash like mine does after a couple minutes of gameplay.

HOWEVER MY GAME IS NOT PIRATED. If an EA employee is reading this, I can give you the ISBN number and product code. I will even video chat with you and prove to you that I have THE ORIGINAL BOX AND ORIGINAL CDs!!! 

This is the site that contained the patch that helped me make BFME1 compatible with windows 7: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-gaming/lord-of-the-ring-battle-for-mi... Basically, I have to create an options.ini file and add it to a folder that is missing it. 

I think the problem with the product registration. When I first bought this game several years ago, I registered it with an email account/password I don't remember on a computer that I no longer have (but I think I uninstalled the game on that computer before I got rid of it). I want to know how to unregister the game and register it with my current computer and current EA account. I have already tried registering the game again, but it says that the product code has already been used, so I need assistance unregistering the game on the old account and registering it on my new account.

Keep in mind, I am trying to do this almost a decade later. Can someone tell me how to fix the problem? My only plan of action so far is to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. But assuming that doesn't work, someone please help me (AKA EA customer service person)?

Thanks.

Message 12 of 178 (16,662 Views)

Re: Battle For Middle Earth Problem: Everyone Dies After a Few Minutes

Hi,

Your best bet is probably contacting an EA Games Advisor via the EA Help website - https://help.ea.com/contact-us

However, due to the age of this game, it is quite possible that it is no longer supported.

Message 13 of 178 (7,099 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Why dont you guys still support it. I paid for the game and I have a problem with it. You should help me with it.

Message 14 of 178 (16,645 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have this problem as well and I used your advice and contacted them. They sent me here however.

Message 15 of 178 (9,322 Views)

[The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth] am looking to purchase the battle for middle earth series for PC. Where can I find it?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

am looking to purchase the battle for middle earth series for PC. Where can I find it?

Do you still have them for sale?

How much?

Message 16 of 178 (9,002 Views)

Re: Lord of the rings battle for middle earth

[ Edited ]

@mefarnsworth62 wrote:

am looking to purchase the battle for middle earth series for PC. Where can I find it?

Do you still have them for sale?

How much?

The game's service has been shut down a while ago. I do not think that this is still sold anywhere.

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 17 of 178 (9,001 Views)

[The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

ive got a delama after 5 min of play all my units die ive tryd all reinstall uninstall install patching everything i cant get it right it is a origenal game please help

Message 18 of 178 (8,971 Views)

[The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth] I lost my disc

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello, recently I found my old The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth box and I had the last 7 CDs (there were 8 ). I can't find disc 1 anywhere! What can I do?

Message 19 of 178 (8,975 Views)

Re: I lost my disc

[ Edited ]

@crackbaby7 wrote:

Hello, recently I found my old The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth box and I had the last 7 CDs (there were 8 ). I can't find disc 1 anywhere! What can I do?

The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth is no longer available to purchase via EA, its servers went offline in 2010.

Message 20 of 178 (8,970 Views)