The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 3

by zlordy

Original Post

Re: The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 3

★★★ Newbie

I'm sure that if the bfme3 will be produced, all of the fans of bfme will buy original game and play online. Is there any plan for bfme3 ? İ am asking to responsible of eagames

Message 11 of 199 (104,114 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Battle for middle earth 3 Pleeeeeeeeeease!

Message 12 of 199 (100,287 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So will you try to get rights for LotR again?

@edit: And why you decided to close all BfME servers?

Message 13 of 199 (13,777 Views)

The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth III

★★★★★ Novice

I recently created this account with the purpose to ask this question. So, I was curious about the development of another Battle for Middle Earth game, I'm aware that EA does not hold the rights at the moment. What is the process to getting them back, is it difficult? It would be great to see another installment in the series because of the potential shown and now that the hobbit trilogy is coming to end soon it opens many doors for a game. I'm confident that their is a massive bfme community waiting and hoping for a new RTS game to be released. I just wish the creators of the first two could see the interest in a third and push to get the rights back. The possibilities with a new game, such as: Main two things GAME MECHANICS and GAME GRAPHICS
Game locations, Game units, Game levels (campaigns), Powers, Game storyline, expansion packs. So basically just overhaul its predecessors but don't fix what ain't broken so I would love to see them improve not go backwards. Also like what WB did, they were working with Middle-earth Enteprises, Peter jackson and the artists at the Weta Workshop to make sure that the settings, characters and story align with the canon of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. So really I'm just throwing ideas out but i'm sure if the ball was back in your court that you could revive the series with a long awaited trilogy just like the films and finish the series with a masterpiece and what developers are capable of these days compared to 2006 woah, it gets me excited just thinking about it. So i'm sure by now you realise how much the BFME games mean to me and how interested I am for a third and i'm sure many other people are too. So if you could get back to me about this question that would be great and just explain to me what we need to do as a community and  as developers to bring back this awesome series to life. Running Windows 8.1 and still my favourite GAME not RTS GAME so yeah if you could get back to me I'd apreciate it, thanks. Sorry for rambling on

Message 14 of 199 (13,611 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Ea just think the profits youd make would be huge id say after all battle for middle earth was truly amazing and to be honest i found rise of the witch king rather a short game but still amazing and like people say there is so much more you can do so presonally i think you should attempt to obtain the liecense
Message 15 of 199 (13,671 Views)

★★ Novice

Please make a third game!!!! or at least open up the online servers for the second one! I loved this game as a child and I've never found any other rts game that ever gave me the same amount of satisfaction, entertainment or challenge as this one. I used to spend hours in front of the computer just to play bfme and I still do once in awhile but it isn't the same when you can't compete against other players! At least reopen the servers!

And to be honest with all the interest in the Hobbit and LotR again, EA would be idiots not to repurchase a license to make games again. The profits would far outwit the expenses I think! You would have the generation that used to play bfme when it first came out and you'd have a new generation that is now being introduced through the Hobbit. There would be a huge market for new games set in Middle-Earth. pleeeeaassseeee make bfme3!!!

Message 16 of 199 (13,590 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello Ea,

When are you guys going for the Lord of the rings - battle for middle earth 3?

It kinda make me crazy that i can't play the strategy games of Lotr.

used to play lotr - bfme 1 and 2 but the servers of the online game play are shut.

So i just need the third bfme to play with and not these crappy games these days like war in the north or riders of rohan. 

My main problem is that i kept waiting for years till now. I'm still waiting for the third BFME.

Please, don't make it longer then it already is.

Make 2014 the year all FANS (inclusive me)of lotr - BFME can play the  Lord of the rings - battle for middle earth 3!

Thank you Ea make my wishes true.

Greets, Marco

P,s sorry for the bad English

Message 17 of 199 (13,539 Views)

★★ Novice

Wow, it's so great to see such a big fan community of BFME2, remembering the game and still playing it. I just registered here because I found out about this just recently. I hope that EA will get the rights (or the ability) to make another BFME game, it's by far THE best RTS ever, and I'm not even a fan of RTS. I figured these activities might also be due to the new Hobbit movies and all, people remember. Once again, thanks to EA for this series alone, can't wait to see more, stay active! Standard smile

Message 18 of 199 (13,375 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Got a brand new pc first game I installed on it was lotrbfme1 . Guess what ? Didn't work . My graphics card is too new to play it. It's 2014 and there is still a huge amount of players involved with the Lord of the rings battle for middle earth. It's time for a part 3 . Best franchise rts game I have ever played. Part 1 was better than 2 though . Ea is one of the biggest company in the gaming community . Try to buy these licenses or do what ever it takes to come out with a part 3. It's time and I'm irritated I can't play part 1 on my pc . Or if possible remake and/or alter part 1 of lotrbfme to work on newer pcs, up the graphics and release it . I'm sure people will pay for that game. First rts game I owned and I have 3 copies of it. Looking forward for something in the next coming year. Don't let us down EA!
Message 19 of 199 (13,330 Views)

Battle for middle earth series

★ Novice

Hello, do you guys still have the license for the battle for middle earth series? because bfme2 was the best strategy game EVER made and i think you can make lots of money making a sequel and purchasing the rights for the series again. I know many would buy it and enjoy it. thank you.

Message 20 of 199 (13,040 Views)