The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 3

by zlordy

Original Post

Re: The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 3

★★★ Newbie

Please? All I could think about while watching The Hobbit (Battle of the 5 armies in particular) could fit into the BFME games SO EASILY! 

All I want for christmas is a BFME 3. 
and not a dlc.

Message 91 of 199 (2,884 Views)

★★★ Newbie

WWWeeeeeeeeeeeeeee WWWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant LORD OF THE RINGS BATTLE OF MIDDLE EARTH 3 , WWWeeeeeeeeeeeeeee WWWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant LORD OF THE RINGS BATTLE OF MIDDLE EARTH 3 , WWWeeeeeeeeeeeeeee WWWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant LORD OF THE RINGS BATTLE OF MIDDLE EARTH 3 , WWWeeeeeeeeeeeeeee WWWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant LORD OF THE RINGS BATTLE OF MIDDLE EARTH 3 

Message 92 of 199 (2,847 Views)

★ Novice

Every once in a while I cross my fingers, pray and google hoping there will be an announcement saying it'll come.

Sadly they do not own the rights and another company making this game would probably ruin it alltogether. Bloody shame, most strategy games are too hardcore-focussed and just arent fun online with friends. 

But yeah EA! If you make it I pinky promise to buy it and order my friends to buy it or die by the sword!

Message 93 of 199 (2,645 Views)

Can Battle for Middle Earth 3 be released again?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Here are some ideas for Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth Rise of the Witch King and Maybe even a expansion pack based on the Hobbit.

I was thinking of more characters for the create a hero. Since it is great already, maybe you could have there be the ability to create a hobbit character as a custom hero. Or do some other hero races even dragons being on both sides like the wizard custom hero; (although a custom dragon hero maybe over powered).Although the Goblin side has a dragon hero, so you could give a custom dragon hero a high price because of its strength. Even giving the current custom heroes more powers and customization, but that may take more time and money to do. Maybe in the future you could release an expansion that has characters from the new Hobbit movie, with some sort of campaign for good and evil based on the film, (where in the evil one Smaug may join Souran, which Gandalf was worried about). You could even give the Dwarves mounted units, being a goat that King Dain was riding in the film. Although since it's a different time period you may want to have a way to switch between Lord of the Rings factions and Hobbit factions. Or even have a Hobbit time period faction be available to fight a Lord of the Rings faction. I think the factions are great in Rise of the Witch King, having the Nine Ring Wraths as their own heroes would be great. And having some of them is able to horses or the Fellbeast. Although you could do both, having the Fellbeast be a higher level mount for them. I missed having a good campaign in rise of the Witch King, maybe it could be from the good sides view.

Message 94 of 199 (2,556 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there, are you legally allowed to make DLC for BFMEII?  If so could you add some more maps, heros, factions to cover the recent movies and interest in this game?  (My son and I are revisiting the game and are having fun ith Erebor - if there was the white orc etc that would make a big difference)

Thanks

Message 95 of 199 (2,851 Views)

★★★ Newbie

In EA games defence it is very hard to get a licence agreement from the Tolkien estate for filming, merchandise, games etc. Their has been a lot of conflict around the films and merchandise being made etc and they have acused companies of breaking the terms of contract and all sorts have things have gone on. The tolkien estate don't really like much of what is made based on the books and the licence agreements i'm sure would cost a lot and would take a lot of hassle to get. I could understand EA games avoiding that route and trying other things which they have been succesful at so far at.

If their was a battle for middle earth 3 it would likely be around the hobbit time as their isnt much more they could do with lord of the rings unless they remake the other games. A game based on the similrillion would be great of course but good luck EA getting a licence agreement for that

Message 96 of 199 (2,847 Views)

★ Novice

They've stated that the licence was the issue and since there's clearly money to be made it's obvious that getting that is not something they can easily do just to make a single game.

I myself don't even like the game because of it being lotr but simply because of the gameplay. The latest version is full of bugs so you need an unofficial patch to play it but the way the gameplay works is what makes this game so much better than any other. That is why the onofficial patches are still getting updated even today. 

Message 97 of 199 (2,833 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

This is my first and only post on an EA forum. I logged in just to say that I still play this game solo on the Xbox 360! Would love for the severs to come back online! I have a lot of good memories playing this game! I played it the day the servers got shut down and almost cried. R.I.P. <3 Thanks for making my favorite game of all time!

Message 98 of 199 (2,670 Views)

game idea

★★★ Newbie
Hey i was wondering IF you could make a lord of the ring games were you Will start your own kingdom you could choose between men,elfes and Dwarfs and what kingdom for example IF you wanted to rule The Iron Hills then you Would choose that and some time u could have the enemy outside your door. Please
Message 99 of 199 (2,588 Views)

Best Reader and EA

★★★ Newbie

Hello i am a big Fan of Battle of middle earth it's really an game where your fantasy come's truth i hear at all the time the EA doesn't had the  rights to start

an new game but can you start over than like give it an new name like: An New Rise into Middle Earth, idk but what i know an new part will be amazing.

Why is this game so good

It's an important question

for evrey player is an different reason: Good Textures, Different Options of factions and Units, Many tactics

What would i like to see in the new part:

I would love to see an game that you can build your own city like you really want it the most are like they miss parts bad walls or none walls to less wapens or units 

I would like it if you would create an game with freedom 

so you won't chose in Factions but in City's like Woodlands, Erebor, Gondor, Rohan,Rivendale, Dale, Laketown,Isengart, Mordor,Moria,Ironhills,Angmare,Arnor, Grey Mounthains, Enz. if you can try evrey single City of Middle Earth and give them there own armor like Dwarfs look like each other but just a little different and that with men and elfs too, 

Beside that would it also be good to create food, wood, stone, iron , gold , copper,tin,silver, emeralds, jewels and gems,

after it would be great to be do something special with all the Cirty's or Types like, Dwarfs can build in mountain and that is not the mountain is allready been digged, no let build your own dwarfen city dig your own hols and rooms with water channels and bridges 

Than if you can create your own city with all new kind of buildings

it would be amasing if you can create your own units just like, you make black smiths and they make swords,spears,bows,Xbow,Throwaxes

and the armor aswell, iron,gold maybe copper,tin,silver or something special what bilbo has.

so it's like you make first the wapens than you get an menu to create your unit with wapens and armor,

als what is just create, train the units give it 5 levels to train them you need an barracks first you upgrade the barracks and than you can make your units stronger and stronger in fighting give them also better tactics of fighting in higher levels like they stand in formations: archers spear sword, the archers shoot firtst the sword use there child the deffend and the spear kills the enemy units,

Buildings

Barracks, Armory, Black smith, Smith, Lumberjack, StoneQuarry, GoldQuarry, IronQuarry, CopperQuarry, And so Forth.

Units

Create your own like make first the wapens or tools and then let them take it like Bow,XBow,Sword,Axe,Pickaxe,Thronaxe,Spear,Different shilds  And so Forth.

If you can creat an new game like this it would just, wordless it would be the best game ever like ever ever, because your create freedom you let people build on them ownway and with there own made experience on the game the will gett better and better.

Plz answet this messages i would love to hear what you think of it , and  i would love to help you with ideas 

Message 100 of 199 (2,528 Views)