Re: The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 3

by omeneiltje

Original Post

@cookieloversid Wanna bet on how fast a Cease and Desist notice will be delivered? Because that happened with every single fan project that tried to use someone else's IP. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 191 of 199 (1,920 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Maybe Warner Bros will ever make a BFME??

Message 192 of 199 (1,914 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Holy * YES please BFME 3. Even if it take 5 years and more.

Message 193 of 199 (1,916 Views)

★★★ Novice
Why won’t you consider getting another license or making a new game with a longer license deal all this is very foolish to witness there’s a lot of fans including myself of battle for middle earth two should be a third digitally sold but nothing is being invested by EA considering EA has made a lot of money over the years in weird ways why not give a damn to the fans it is money is what’s killed my respects to EA?...
Message 194 of 199 (1,909 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

EA Sports please INVEST in BFME II OR CREATE BFME III thanks in advance!

Message 195 of 199 (1,474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This thread is so old but hoping to revive hope for a sequel to the best game to ever grace gaming consoles. We need this!!!

Message 196 of 199 (1,320 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Reviving it now after the announcement of a mobile LOTR game made by EA Wink

Can't wait for BFME Remasters, maybe partnership with the Reforged team and ofc BFME3
Message 197 of 199 (850 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

If I understand correctly, EA only has the license to make games (or at the very least this one game) based on the books. I think Battle for Middle-Earth used the film license, so in that case they can't touch that.

From the IGN article:

The game is being made in partnership with Middle-earth Enterprises as the image suggests, and will be "solely inspired by Middle-earth as described in the literary works of J.R.R. Tolkien" according to chief brand and licensing officer for Middle-earth Enterprises, Fredrica Drotos.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 198 of 199 (840 Views)

Community Manager
Hey all, I'm going to lock this thread as it is quite old.

You can find all the info related to the new game here: https://news.ea.com/press-releases/press-releases-details/2022/Electronic-Arts-Partners-with-Middle-...

Darko
Darko.png
Message 199 of 199 (812 Views)