The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 2

by NitroNinja23186

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 2

[ Edited ]
★ Newbie

I have two problems. One is that the game itself won't run, and the other is that when I tried to create an EA account, it said that my cd key has already been used or invalid. I know this is my cd key, it's on the back of the booklet. I tried reinstalling the game and it still won't run. It just gets stuck after I press play. Also they didn't have Lord of the Ring in the product so sorry if that's misleading.

Message 1 of 415 (21,644 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Rise of the Witch King won't run

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@NitroNinja23186 wrote:

I have two problems. One is that the game itself won't run, and the other is that when I tried to create an EA account, it said that my cd key has already been used or invalid. I know this is my cd key, it's on the back of the booklet. I tried reinstalling the game and it still won't run. It just gets stuck after I press play. Also they didn't have Lord of the Ring in the product so sorry if that's misleading.

One possibility is that he is using a 0 instead of an O or vice versa... or misreading another character in the sequence. Another possibility is that he has purchased a used copy of the game with an already registered key.

But generally, no... the point of using a knowledge base is to tap the available knowledge of other players who are familiar with the game that you have questions about. I don't have any familiarity with the game in question, nor have I visited its usual forums or locations where its players might discuss common problems... so I don't know if the CD key issue is a common one or unique to this player. To take advantage of that info, you really need to post your questions in the right section so people with the proper background might be able to help you.

Alternately, you could try speaking to an EA support agent, which may be necessary for an issue like this anyway... as only customer support has the ability to look at accounts and tell whether a key has been properly registered or is flawed in some way. You can do this by going to: https://help.ea.com/contact-us and filling in: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2  and then choosing Account/Registration ... that should get you access to an agent with the right access/info.

View in thread

Message 4 of 415 (24,366 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Sorry Nitro, you've posted this in the wrong game's support section. This is for Lord of Ultima, which is a browser based RTS... and doesn't need a CD to install it.

Message 2 of 415 (21,547 Views)

★★★ Newbie

can you still help this issue instead of telling us the question is in the wrong spot?

Please advise

Message 3 of 415 (21,545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@NitroNinja23186 wrote:

One possibility is that he is using a 0 instead of an O or vice versa... or misreading another character in the sequence. Another possibility is that he has purchased a used copy of the game with an already registered key.

But generally, no... the point of using a knowledge base is to tap the available knowledge of other players who are familiar with the game that you have questions about. I don't have any familiarity with the game in question, nor have I visited its usual forums or locations where its players might discuss common problems... so I don't know if the CD key issue is a common one or unique to this player. To take advantage of that info, you really need to post your questions in the right section so people with the proper background might be able to help you.

Alternately, you could try speaking to an EA support agent, which may be necessary for an issue like this anyway... as only customer support has the ability to look at accounts and tell whether a key has been properly registered or is flawed in some way. You can do this by going to: https://help.ea.com/contact-us and filling in: Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2  and then choosing Account/Registration ... that should get you access to an agent with the right access/info.

Message 4 of 415 (24,367 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hi folks,

At the moment, Lord of the Rings Rise of the Witch King isn't supported on these boards.

If would would like to see other games supported here, you can suggest it on the Idea Exchange. Best ideas will be periodically reviewed and implemented. Confusedmileyhappy:

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 5 of 415 (15,529 Views)

[The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 2] Failure to Launch Game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The Battle for Middle Earth II:  there was no option for this game in the "Select Product" drop down

I just installed the game and the game fails to launch.

I get the openning screen.  I hit the "play" option.  The Battle of Middle Earth screen displays.  However, this screen just hangs there for a long while, then disappears and I get an error box that says it is an "application crash".

I have a brand new computor which runs your "Battle for Middle Earth I" program fine.

I tried to connect to the BFME II help center to see if I need any patches, but could not connect.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the game even...same problem.

I have made sure that all other applications are closed when running.

Can you help me out? 

Message 6 of 415 (20,660 Views)

Re: Failure to Launch Game - The Battle for Middle Earth II

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@101mrsg wrote:

The Battle for Middle Earth II:  there was no option for this game in the "Select Product" drop down

I just installed the game and the game fails to launch.

I get the openning screen.  I hit the "play" option.  The Battle of Middle Earth screen displays.  However, this screen just hangs there for a long while, then disappears and I get an error box that says it is an "application crash".

I have a brand new computor which runs your "Battle for Middle Earth I" program fine.

I tried to connect to the BFME II help center to see if I need any patches, but could not connect.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the game even...same problem.

I have made sure that all other applications are closed when running.

Can you help me out? 

Go here - http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=653018 - Download that zip file. 

Type in %APPDATA% into the search bar on your Start Menu, then press enter
Paste the extracted folder into this location - Replacing the existing file.

Then, find your options.ini at this location: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\My Battle for Middle Earth(tm) II Files

Make a notpad doc and paste this into it: 

AllHealthBars = no
AmbientVolume = 50.000000
AnimationLOD = UltraHigh
AudioLOD = High
Brightness = 50
DecalLOD = High
EffectsLOD = UltraHigh
FlashTutorial = 0
GameSpyIPAddress = 5.174.97.47
HasSeenLogoMovies = yes
IdealStaticGameLOD = VeryLow
ModelLOD = UltraHigh
MovieVolume = 70.000000
MusicVolume = 70.000000
Resolution = 1280 960
SFXVolume = 70.000000
ScrollFactor = 50
SendDelay = no
ShaderLOD = UltraHigh
ShadowLOD = UltraHigh
StaticGameLOD = Custom
TerrainLOD = High
TextureQualityLOD = High
TimesInGame = 48
UseEAX3 = no
VoiceVolume = 70.000000
WaterLOD = UltraHigh

And save it as Options.ini and replace the old .ini and it'll run.

Trust me, I got this running for someone on Windows 7 through Bootcamp on a MAC.

Message 7 of 415 (20,654 Views)

Re: Failure to Launch Game - The Battle for Middle Earth II

★★★ Novice

When i open My Battle for Middle Earth(tm) II Files folder it has nothing in it is it also a problem i have the first one installed too?

Message 8 of 415 (20,647 Views)

[The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 2] Am I able to re-install the game?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I bought Lord of the Rings: Battle for MIddle Earth 2 along time ago on our old computer and we just got a new one but I need to reinstall the game and since I already used the key it wont work again. How can I fix this? Or where can I buy a new key without buying the full game since I already bought it?

Message 9 of 415 (19,397 Views)

Re: LORD OF THE RINGS: BATTLE FOR MIDDLE EARTH 2

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@jakethedog1981 wrote:

I bought Lord of the Rings: Battle for MIddle Earth 2 along time ago on our old computer and we just got a new one but I need to reinstall the game and since I already used the key it wont work again. How can I fix this? Or where can I buy a new key without buying the full game since I already bought it?

How many times did you use your key? The reason I ask this question is; the key is not used up after installing the game once. 

If you reinstalled the game many times and your copy is already linked to your origin account, please ask a Game Advisor for help. https://help.ea.com/

Regards

Mat

Message 10 of 415 (19,393 Views)