The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 2

by NitroNinja23186

Original Post

[The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 2] Replacement DVD for The rise of the witch king

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

I own two legal copies of The Rise of the Witch King so that my wife and I can play against each other. We have damaged one of the DVDs and can no longer use it, is there a way I can get another copy of the DVD. I have the code keys for both games.

Message 81 of 415 (8,881 Views)

[The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 2]

[ Edited ]
★ Newbie

So i keep trying to reinstall lotr bfme2 onto my D drive, which has more than enough space. I enter key code select D drive create folder, etc, click next.... then it pops up a message thats says, "cannot create this directory, please specify a different location...." blah blah blah, so i do create another spot, same message. I just want to redownload so i can redownload expansion  i bought threw origin, which u need base game to run Rise of withch king. Any help would be grateful.

Message 82 of 415 (8,878 Views)

[The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 2] on Windows 8

[ Edited ]
★ Newbie

Are they going to release some kind of patch or mod so I can play battle for middle earth 1 and 2 on Windows 8!!!

Message 83 of 415 (9,018 Views)

Re: Battle for middle earth on Windows 8

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@schmanns88 wrote:

Are they going to release some kind of patch or mod so I can play battle for middle earth 1 and 2 on Windows 8!!!

The last patch that BfME2 would ever get was released in 2007 or 2008, it was numbered 1.06. 

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/lordoftheringsthebattleformiddleearthii/patch/9339.html

There will never be another patch.

Message 84 of 415 (10,222 Views)

[The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 2] Have Key but no CD!

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Ok So I have a copy of Lord of  the Rings, Battle for Middle Earth 2: The Rise of the Witch-King, and already have the base game installed. However I've lost my CD for the Witch King but have the Code. I tried to redeem it but it said it was already in use with my account, but it's not there. Was just wondering what I could do?

Message 85 of 415 (10,777 Views)

[The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 2] Re-install LOTR: Battle for middle earth 2

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I bought Lord Of the Rings: Battle for middle earth II, about 4 years ago, I haven't played it for a while but today I wanted a little nostalgia så I decided to try it out again. I realized I have missplaced the CD but still had my product key. I gave it a try in the "https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do" where you can type in the key and install the game. It told me "The product code submitted is already used", I used it when I installed the game ages ago but I haven't tried to re-claim it online. 

1. Why does it say that the code has already been used?

2. Is there some other way I can still play the game with my code?

3. If not, is it possible to dowload it at origin? (I can't find it there)

Help is appreciated!

Message 86 of 415 (10,748 Views)

[The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 2] Performance Issues with LordofTheRings BFME 2, Halp?

[ Edited ]
★ Newbie

I recently built my own gaming computer. I'm trying to play the Battle for Middle Earth video game series but my computer will not start them up. Technical support says that Windows XP is required to play these games and I have Windows 7.

Is there any way that I can change performance settings to make these games work or any solution or am I S.O.L?

Message 87 of 415 (10,740 Views)

[The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 2] loading issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just bought a computer with Windows 8 and I am trying to play BFME2.  I can instal, patch and launch the game no problem, but then it stops.  I have tried to add the options.ini Windows 7 patch to no avail.  I have tried to change the compatibility to XP, Vista, and 7.  None of those work.  If anyone can help me, I would be very grateful.

Message 88 of 415 (10,761 Views)

Re: Re-install LOTR: Battle for middle earth 2

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@alexvirgin wrote:

I bought Lord Of the Rings: Battle for middle earth II, about 4 years ago, I haven't played it for a while but today I wanted a little nostalgia så I decided to try it out again. I realized I have missplaced the CD but still had my product key. I gave it a try in the "https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do" where you can type in the key and install the game. It told me "The product code submitted is already used", I used it when I installed the game ages ago but I haven't tried to re-claim it online. 

1. Why does it say that the code has already been used?

2. Is there some other way I can still play the game with my code?

3. If not, is it possible to dowload it at origin? (I can't find it there)

Help is appreciated!

I'm not sure you can download BFME2 with your code, as the game came out long before Origin.

Seeing that this product is no longer supported and that the multiplayer servers are now offline, I doubt that you could get much out of it anymore anyways. Standard smile

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 89 of 415 (10,748 Views)

Re: Performance Issues with LordofTheRings BFME 2, Halp?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@micfiend36 wrote:

I recently built my own gaming computer. I'm trying to play the Battle for Middle Earth video game series but my computer will not start them up. Technical support says that Windows XP is required to play these games and I have Windows 7.

Is there any way that I can change performance settings to make these games work or any solution or am I S.O.L?

Perhaps you could try starting them in compatibility mode? However, be advised that the multiplayer servers haven been offline for a few years now.

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 90 of 415 (10,739 Views)