Re: [The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 2] Disc 1 Help

by eacomraven

Original Post

[The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 2] connection timed out on network

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hey, im trying to play lord of the rings battle for middle earth 2 on network but it keeps telling me that the connection timed out, please help i really love this game. please this is urgent

Message 41 of 415 (7,339 Views)

Re: [The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 2] connection timed out on network

Community Manager

Hi kingcastillo21,

At the moment, The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 2 is not supported on these boards. However, I'm sure that the Answer HQ player community will be happy to help you.

If would would like to see The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 2 supported here, you can suggest it on the Idea Exchange. Best ideas will be periodically reviewed and implemented.

Thanks,

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 42 of 415 (3,812 Views)

[The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 2] lost key

[ Edited ]
★ Newbie

To whom it may concern 

A few years back I purchased the Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2 game and really enjoyed it . However, I recently accidently threw away the booklet with the installation key on it and last year I uninstalled the game, but now I want to play it again. If I send a photo of the CD or something can I get the key back? 

Kindest regards 

Wayne 

Message 43 of 415 (7,213 Views)

Re: [The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 2] lost key

Community Manager

Hi Wayne,

For all questions about your account, game code, and game registration, please get in contact with an EA Game Advisor.

You need to log in with your Origin account and then choose "Product", "Category", and "Platform" to see the contact options.

Thanks,
Ursula

spectre.png
Message 44 of 415 (3,684 Views)

[The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 2] Disc 1 Help

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

First off  this isn't a question directly reguarding Origin but  Battle for middle earth II was not an available option.

I bought the game in disc form, as well as the expansion the Rise of the Witch King, also in disc form.

I lost disc 1 of the regular game, but this was not a problem as I could play the game using the disc from the expasion pack. How ever recently My Hard drive crashed an I lost all of the files, but in order to reload the game I need disc 1. A friend of mine said it may be possible to download the client version of the disc instead. I do have Product codes for both Games.

LotR: Battle for Middle Earth II (edit: code removed for security reasons)

LotR: Battle for Middle Earth II, Rise of the Witch King (edit: code removed for security reasons)

Also I'm running windows XP, which I know sometime is helpful infomation.

Thank you

Message 45 of 415 (7,663 Views)

Community Manager

Hi batmastercam,

For all questions about your account, game code, and game registration, please get in contact with an EA Game Advisor.

You need to log in with your Origin account and then choose "Product", "Category", and "Platform" to see the contact options.

Thanks,
Ursula

spectre.png
Message 46 of 415 (4,116 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@batmastercam wrote:

First off  this isn't a question directly reguarding Origin but  Battle for middle earth II was not an available option.

I bought the game in disc form, as well as the expansion the Rise of the Witch King, also in disc form.

I lost disc 1 of the regular game, but this was not a problem as I could play the game using the disc from the expasion pack. How ever recently My Hard drive crashed an I lost all of the files, but in order to reload the game I need disc 1. A friend of mine said it may be possible to download the client version of the disc instead. I do have Product codes for both Games.

LotR: Battle for Middle Earth II (edit: code removed for security reasons)

LotR: Battle for Middle Earth II, Rise of the Witch King (edit: code removed for security reasons)

Also I'm running windows XP, which I know sometime is helpful infomation.

Thank you

Hey there, you can contact a game advisor in any case; however, it is possible that he will not be able to help you. Electronic Arts has unfortunately lost the license to produce and sell games based on the Lord of the Rings a few years back, when our previously held license expired and transferred to Warner Brothers Interactive.

Message 47 of 415 (7,639 Views)

[The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 2] Lost CD

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

Hello EA.

I found my old package of Lord of the Rings battle for middle-earth 2.

My problem is that i lost the CD. The Key and the package is still available.

My question is what can I do, because i want to play the game.

If you need anything like Screenshots or Cd-Key please tell me and i will send you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Silentklo.

Message 48 of 415 (8,572 Views)

Re: [The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 2] Lost CD

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Silentklo wrote:

Hello EA.

I found my old package of Lord of the Rings battle for middle-earth 2.

My problem is that i lost the CD. The Key and the package is still available.

My question is what can I do, because i want to play the game.

If you need anything like Screenshots or Cd-Key please tell me and i will send you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Silentklo.

Hi Silentklo,

If you have an older game title that was released before 2008, you may need to redeem the code through this website to add it to Origin: https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do

1. Login with your EA account
  2. Enter the code in the box above.
  3. Click Sign In to redeem the code.
  • It may ask you to link or create a new persona. If the code is still coming up invalid, please email, chat, or call in to support and we can assist you further.

Note: You may need to go back to options and click on "Refresh My Games" before the game will show up in Origin. If this does not make the game show in your "My Games" section, please log out and log back in to Origin.

After that you should be able to download the game from Origin.

Hope that helps!

Ursula

spectre.png
Message 49 of 415 (8,559 Views)

BFME2 Rise of the Witch King.

★ Novice

I bought BFME2 Rise of the Witch King online from EA.  Recently I had to re-install BFME2 to a new hardrive.  I moved the expansion pack over as well, but now when I try to use it it says:

***FATAL*** String manager failed to initialize properly.

I seem to be no longer able to d/l the expansion from EA since they have gone to "Origin"  Any suggestions?

p.s. I love not being able to play games I own.

Message 50 of 415 (5,253 Views)