The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

by b_dub_31176

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Is it possible to re-make these games on the new consoles with trophies, local/online co-op and playing through all three films rolled into one?

As a LOTR fan this has been the best game to date in this franchise. Why they made War in the North and not an up-scaled version of this game is beyond me. If anyone out there has the power to do that please consider it.

Heck, bring it out as a HD Arcade downloadable or at least re-release it on the PS VITA.

Please bring it back.

Message 1 of 13 (3,072 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Lord of the Rings

Hero

Contact a game advisor. If the game can be registered, they can do it for you

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Click on the orange NEXT button
  3. Select a platform
  4. Click on the orange NEXT button
  5. Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
  6. Click on the orange NEXT button
  7. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor using the new EA Help page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 13 (3,683 Views)

All Replies

Registration of the game "Battle for Middle Earth I"

Message 2 of 13 (2,916 Views)

activation code

★★ Newbie

I bought Lord of the Rings Dell collectors edition at a yard sale and come to find out it didn't have an activation key with it. So its pretty much useless without it. Is there any way I can get this key from someone?

Message 3 of 13 (3,040 Views)

The Lord of the Rings

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

How do I register an old game? I want to register The Lord of the Rings The Return of the King with Game Access Code <removed>. However, www.eagamereg.com is not online.

Message 4 of 13 (3,027 Views)

Re: The Lord of the Rings

Hero

Contact a game advisor. If the game can be registered, they can do it for you

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Click on the orange NEXT button
  3. Select a platform
  4. Click on the orange NEXT button
  5. Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
  6. Click on the orange NEXT button
  7. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor using the new EA Help page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (3,684 Views)

Add Lord of the Rings : The Return Of The King to Origin library

★ Novice

I have an old retail copy of the game lying around and it would be nice if it could be added to the Origin library, so people like myself can get a digital copy with the CD-key I already have at my disposal. Besides, it's good to have backup copies of older games in case the discs get scratched or something like that.

Message 6 of 13 (2,985 Views)

Re: Add Lord of the Rings : The Return Of The King to Origin library

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@CenIHavPusi Hey, I don't think that'll happen any time soon, it significantly predates Origin, and we don't handle the LotR licenses any more. 

You can add a game to launch through Origin using the steps here, but that doesn't really fix the issue you mention: https://www.origin.com/en-ie/news/origin-how-tos-adding-non-origin-games

Local backups would be the way to go, make a copy in a separate drive/backup discs of the game files, then restore them whenever you want to access that backup. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 13 (2,981 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just bought Lord of the Rings, THe Return of the King, an EA Classics Product.

There is only 1 CD in the Package, and after 36% of the install process, i need to put in CD2, but there is no CD 2?!

How am i supposed to install this?

Heeeelp!

Message 8 of 13 (3,006 Views)

Re: Installation of LOTR Return of the King

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Are you CERTAIN it's a "CD"?  My bet is that it's a DVD with all three or four of the original CDs all together, so if you just press enter when it wants "CD2" it will happily continue.

Alternately, there may be separate folders on the DVD that you will have to access one at a time corresponding to changing CDs.  What do you see when you have Windows Explorer show you the disk's contents? 

Message 9 of 13 (2,995 Views)

Re: Installation of LOTR Return of the King

★★★ Newbie

Well at least it says CD on the COver, and just pressing Enter or "ok" doesnt help /:

Message 10 of 13 (2,980 Views)