The Lord Of The Rings Battle For Middle Earth 2

by GeraltLin

Original Post

The Lord Of The Rings Battle For Middle Earth 2

★★★ Newbie

where can buy The Lord Of The Rings Battle For Middle Earth 2 ???

how to buy this game in the Internet

Message 1 of 3 (401 Views)

Re: The Lord Of The Rings Battle For Middle Earth 2

@GeraltLin The game isn't available on sale since Warner got the license. What you will find it will be second hand copies, which are risky, as the keys might have been registered and because the fact that the retail version won't install in Windows 10, due to the copy protection being deeemed by MS as a security risk. 

If by a miracle you find an unregistered retail copy your options to play the game are: a PC with Windows 7/8/8.1, a dual boot system with Windows 10 and Windows 7, Virtual Machine with Windows 7. 

EA can't sell the game anymore and Warner doesn't seem interested in bringing back the games developed by EA (after all, EA is one of their major competitors).

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 3 (395 Views)

Re: The Lord Of The Rings Battle For Middle Earth 2

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @GeraltLin ,

So just to confirm what @ivrognard said, about EA not being allowed to sell this game anymore due to the IP now belonging to Warner, all true. It's actually worse than that, EA under law are not allowed to trade this product in any way shape or form anymore, including redeeming an existing code.

And this is the part were you actually lose me @ivrognard, since this product can't be redeemed anymore and I would actually argue ever, why does it matter if the 2nd hand copy he gets is already registered to someone?  

Now the reason I say ever is because I actually did purchase this product when it was still sold in store and proceeded to try and register it to my account with no luck. I tried multiple times over many years until the last time I contacted support and spoke to someone who was quite clued up and they told me that The Lord of the Rings - The Battle for Middle Earth 2 didn't have a digital edition available and as a result there was nothing to register my key against. The Rise of the Witch King did however have a digital version however since I didn't own that one it didn't help me much.

My point, if you're looking to buy just the Lord of the Rings - The Battle for Middle Earth 2 game, you can purchase a 2nd hand copy with relative confidence that the person who owned it did not register the game to their name. Also if you do decide to go with a second hand copy might I also suggest a third OS option to play classic games on, Ubuntu with Wine. It's fairly easy to install and setup and once it is setup you're good to go. Insert disc, install game, double click the shortcut. It's that easy.

Anyways hope this helps

Take Care Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (358 Views)